Bradley Cooper Explains Four-Month Marriage to Jennifer Esposito
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com1 of 9
- Photo: Dziekan/Retna Ltd.2 of 9
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News3 of 9
- Photo: Shea Walsh/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: MBD/Splash News5 of 9
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: Aflo/Splash News7 of 9
- Photo: Splash News8 of 9
More Celeb News
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 4:18:23 PM
- Orel Hershiser Joining Dodgers TV Broadcast Team (Report)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:52:05 PM
- 'Metro Manila' Comes Out on Top at British Independent Film AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:46:27 PM
- Susan Boyle Calls Asperger's Diagnosis a ReliefMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 1:35:40 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Felicity Jones Anything But an 'Invisible Woman' as DickMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 12:40:09 PM
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign
Although everyone's waiting for Bradley Cooper to pop the question to longtime love, Renee Zellweger, some fans of the "Limitless" hunk forget that Cooper's already been a husband once -- albeit briefly!
Now 36, Cooper was married to actress Jennifer Esposito for just four months. (After a late December 2006 wedding, the "Blue Bloods" actress, 38, filed for divorce in May 2007.)
Cooper opened up about the short-lived union during a Monday chat on Howard Stern's Sirius XM radio show.
"It was just something that happened," Cooper said, without detailing exactly when he knew things were off. "The good thing is, we both realized it ... Sometimes you just realize it."
As Stern prodded him for info, the actor explained simply: "It just wasn't right. It's interesting ... things happen!"
Cooper added that it's "not true" that the experience turned him off to matrimony for good.
"Making any declarative statement [like that] is a joke," he scoffed. (Indeed, Zellweger, 41, also had a quickie marriage: She and country crooner Kenny Chesney were also married for four months in 2005 before getting the union annulled.)
Stern also couldn't help but notice a wedding band on Cooper's right hand. The star explained that the ring belonged to his father, who passed away in January.
But, for now at least, he insisted to Stern that he has never proposed to Zellweger, whom he met six years ago on the set of their flick, "Case 39."
"Then I didn't see her for a long time," Cooper explained. "I got married..."
The resolutely private star avoided almost all of Stern's questions about his romance with Zellweger, which began in fall 2009. One thing he did reveal? She's a Howard fan!
"She loves you," Cooper told Stern. "She speaks very highly of you."
Stern explained that he and the Oscar-winning actress "shared a beauty parlor appointment" years ago at a movie studio as he shot his flick, "Private Parts."
"She [was] so friendly and personable," Stern gushed. "She sent me a beautiful bible when I got married."
What kind of guy was Cooper before stardom, Zellweger and ex-wife Esposito? "I didn't lose my virginity until I was 17," he admitted.
And he didn't exactly take Hollywood by storm when he first arrived at age 26 with a part in ABC's "Alias" with Jennifer Garner.
"I couldn't get into the SkyBar at the Mondrian Hotel in L.A. when I first moved there ... No one was looking at [me and my friend]," said Cooper, who remembered "sitting back at this one-bedroom thing I'm renting, depressed as hell. My sister came to visit for a week, she wanted to kill herself. L.A. can be horrible!"
More on Wonderwall:
More from UsWeekly:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAdele's PDA
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite