Bradley Cooper Reveals His Date to the Oscars: His Mom!
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: Said Elatab/Splash News4 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: NC1/NYG/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet11 of 16
- Photo: Christian Lapid/StarTraks12 of 16
- Photo: CHRISTIAN LAPID/StarTraks13 of 16
- Photo: Arthur Mola/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage15 of 16
More Celeb News
- An 86-year-old Utah woman writes romance novelMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:50:09 AM
- Jackie Chan expressed shame over son's drug arrestMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:42:39 AM
- Turner Plans Organizational Restructuring in Next Two MonthsMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 9:03:00 PM
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Premiere to Feature Live 3D Red Carpet BroadcastMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 8:40:00 PM
- NFL's Super Bowl Halftime Show to Katy Perry, Rihanna and Coldplay: Show Me the Money!MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 7:25:00 PM
- An 86-year-old Utah woman writes romance novel
No arguments here: Bradley Cooper couldn't be more excited about debuting a new lovely lady on his arm at this year's Oscars.
The "Silver Linings Playbook" actor, 38, told E! News that his plus-one to the Academy Awards is already spoken for -- by none other than his mother, Gloria.
"Oh yeah, that was done," he told the site. "One night, when I started in the profession, [my mom said], 'If you ever [get nominated], I am the date.'"
"She was freaking out," he added of her reaction to the happy news.
Cooper received a coveted nod for Best Actor during Thursday morning's Oscar nominations announcement for his turn as former teacher Pat in "Silver Linings Playbook."
The David O. Russell-directed film is also up for seven other awards, including Best Director, Best Actress (for Jennifer Lawrence), Best Supporting Actor (for Robert DeNiro), Best Supporting Actress (for Jacki Weaver) and Best Picture.
Cooper and his previous red carpet date, ex-girlfriend Zoe Saldana, called it quits for the second time just last month leading into the holidays.
"Zoe had planned to spend the holidays with Bradley and his family in Europe,” a source told The New York Post's Page Six. "They all were going to Paris, but things didn't work out between them. Zoe spent New Year's Eve with Friends in Miami."
As first reported by Us Weekly, The Words costars initially split in March 2012 after three months of dating, though they quietly rekindled their romance later that fall.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Bradley Cooper Reveals His Date to the Oscars: His Mom!
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Crowd Ignite