Bradley Cooper Reveals His Date to the Oscars: His Mom!
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: Said Elatab/Splash News4 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: NC1/NYG/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet11 of 16
- Photo: Christian Lapid/StarTraks12 of 16
- Photo: CHRISTIAN LAPID/StarTraks13 of 16
- Photo: Arthur Mola/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'La Cage aux Folles' Director Edouard Molinaro Dead at 85MSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 4:49:15 PM
- Vin Diesel Shares His Emotional Moment With Paul Walker's FamilyMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 3:18:16 PM
- Bob Dylan's Infamous Electric Guitar Fetches Nearly $1 Million at AuctionMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 2:57:27 PM
- La Scala's 'La Traviata' opener gets mixed reviewsMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 2:13:57 PM
- European Film Awards: 'The Great Beauty' Wins European Film 2013MSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 1:38:57 PM
- 'La Cage aux Folles' Director Edouard Molinaro Dead at 85
No arguments here: Bradley Cooper couldn't be more excited about debuting a new lovely lady on his arm at this year's Oscars.
The "Silver Linings Playbook" actor, 38, told E! News that his plus-one to the Academy Awards is already spoken for -- by none other than his mother, Gloria.
"Oh yeah, that was done," he told the site. "One night, when I started in the profession, [my mom said], 'If you ever [get nominated], I am the date.'"
"She was freaking out," he added of her reaction to the happy news.
Cooper received a coveted nod for Best Actor during Thursday morning's Oscar nominations announcement for his turn as former teacher Pat in "Silver Linings Playbook."
The David O. Russell-directed film is also up for seven other awards, including Best Director, Best Actress (for Jennifer Lawrence), Best Supporting Actor (for Robert DeNiro), Best Supporting Actress (for Jacki Weaver) and Best Picture.
Cooper and his previous red carpet date, ex-girlfriend Zoe Saldana, called it quits for the second time just last month leading into the holidays.
"Zoe had planned to spend the holidays with Bradley and his family in Europe,” a source told The New York Post's Page Six. "They all were going to Paris, but things didn't work out between them. Zoe spent New Year's Eve with Friends in Miami."
As first reported by Us Weekly, The Words costars initially split in March 2012 after three months of dating, though they quietly rekindled their romance later that fall.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Bradley Cooper Reveals His Date to the Oscars: His Mom!
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Carrie Underwood tweets about her "Sound of Music" experience on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGrammy Nominees
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite