'Bridesmaids' Actor Chris O'Dowd Is Engaged
- Photo: Mike Marsland/WireImage1 of 5
- Photo: Flashburst/WENN2 of 5
- Photo: Jon Furniss/WireImage3 of 5
- Photo: Nick Harvey/WireImage4 of 5
More Celeb News
- An 86-year-old Utah woman writes romance novelMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:50:09 AM
- Jackie Chan expressed shame over son's drug arrestMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:42:39 AM
- Turner Plans Organizational Restructuring in Next Two MonthsMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 9:03:00 PM
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Premiere to Feature Live 3D Red Carpet BroadcastMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 8:40:00 PM
- NFL's Super Bowl Halftime Show to Katy Perry, Rihanna and Coldplay: Show Me the Money!MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 7:25:00 PM
- An 86-year-old Utah woman writes romance novel
Tis the season for engagements!
"Bridesmaids" actor Chris O'Dowd, who wooed Kristen Wiig's character as the lovable Irish cop Nathan Rhodes in the 2011 flick, will soon tie the knot with his girlfriend, British TV personality Dawn Porter.
Proposing the day after Christmas during the couple's vacation in Guernsey, an island in the English Channel, O'Dowd, 32, took to Twitter to confirm the happy news Thursday.
"I'm so bored of all this happiness and sex. I'm getting married," he wrote. Added his 32-year-old fiancee, via Twitter: "I guess he liked it, coz he put a ring on it. #engaged."
That ring, Porter tells the local Guernsey Press, is not the traditional engagement diamond, but an emerald.
"The ring is gorgeous -- an emerald, as he is Irish, and green to replace a green ring of my mum's that I have worn on that hand since I was 16," the bride-to-be told the paper.
According to Porter, the couple is considering a summer 2012 wedding.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSassy Single
From Crowd Ignite