Bristol Palin Seeks Sole Custody of Son
- Photo: Patricia Schlein/WENN1 of 9
- Photo: Paul Sancya/AP2 of 9
- Photo: Ron Edmonds/AP3 of 9
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/AP4 of 9
- Photo: Dave Allocca/AP5 of 9
- Photo: Matt Sayles/AP6 of 9
- Photo: Mark Thiessen/AP7 of 9
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage.com8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'Daily Show': John Oliver, Mick Foley Join WWE's Shockingly Articulate ImMSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 7:23:38 AM
- 'Nightline' anchor Moran heading to London for ABCMSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 7:01:29 AM
- Brad Pitt tries to build a better blockbusterMSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 6:51:31 AM
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer: Ron Burgundy Takes Manhattan (and Cable News)MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 6:35:30 AM
- Critics hail Daniel Radcliffe's latest stage turnMSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 6:17:30 AM
- 'Daily Show': John Oliver, Mick Foley Join WWE's Shockingly Articulate Im
New court documents reveal a heated custody battle between Levi Johnston and Bristol Palin, who has petitioned for sole custody over their son Tripp, the grandson of former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin.
Bristol's early November request for sole custody was made public after a Superior Court judge ruled last week against keeping the court proceedings closed, the Associated Press reports. A temporary order had authorized the use of pseudonyms while the court was considering the request, which stated that no good "could result to the child by an onslaught of media."
Johnston, 19, had pushed for open court proceedings.
"I feel more comfortable in a public courtroom which will help everyone stay civil and be on their best behavior," he said in a statement.
Johnston is seeking shared custody and denies Bristol's claims that he has avoided his parental responsibilities, according to the Associated Press.
In addition to sole custody, Bristol, who called her ex's recent Playgirl magazine nude photo shoot "risque," requested child support and asked that Johnston's mother, Sherry, not be allowed unsupervised visits with their son following her drug arrest earlier this year.
"The best interests of the child compel the conclusion that Bristol should be awarded 100 percent legal and physical custody of Tripp, with visitation rights in favor of Levi," Bristol's attorney, Thomas V. Van Flein, said in the papers.
Bristol and Johnston broke off their engagement shortly after 1-year-old Tripp was born in December 2008.
More on Usmagazine.com:
More on MSN:
More on Wonderwall:
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite