Brittany Murphy Leaves Simon Monjack Out of Her Will
- Photo: Max Nash/Invision/AP1 of 9
- Photo: Russ Einhorn/Splash News2 of 9
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP3 of 9
- Photo: DH1/WENN4 of 9
- Photo: Splash News5 of 9
- Photo: Steve Dennett, Aaron St. Clair/Splash News6 of 9
- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News7 of 9
- Photo: Dimitri Halkidis/WENN8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Michael Sam Cut by St. Louis Rams, Delaying Quest to Be First Openly Gay Player in NFLMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 1:19:00 PM
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Are Working on Their HoneymoonMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 12:46:00 PM
- Made in America concert set to rock Los AngelesMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 11:58:04 AM
- Idris Elba Thriller 'No Good Deed' Launches Unique Social Media CampaignMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 10:48:00 AM
- LA's Made in America concert set to rock downtownMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 10:18:48 AM
- Michael Sam Cut by St. Louis Rams, Delaying Quest to Be First Openly Gay Player in NFL
Brittany Murphy, who died after a battle with pneumonia Dec. 20 at age 30, didn't leave a dime to husband Simon Monjack.
She left her entire estate to her mother, Sharon, according to TMZ.com.
The site reports that years before Murphy wed Monjack in 2007, she handwrote a will, leaving her mother everything. The will was stored in her manager's safe.
Monjack wasn't surprised he was left out. He tells TMZ that before they wed, the actress' formal will, along with a trust, was drafted. At his request, the will specifically stated, "I am married to Simon Monjack who I have intentionally left out of this will," he said.
Monjack recently told UsMagazine.com he wishes people would leave him alone and "stop coming out with these ridiculous stories" about their marriage.
"Our marriage was dogged by these ridiculous rumors. Brittany's life was dogged by ridiculous rumors, and the truth always wins out," Monjack told Us. "I hope people have the sense to really understand that everything was beautiful and wonderful in our relationship and so pure."
More on Wonderwall:
More from UsWeekly:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite