Brittany Murphy's Dad Sues L.A. County Coroner
- Photo: JM5/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: DH1/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Apega/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: DH1/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News5 of 16
- Photo: Dimitri Halkidis/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Jody Cortes/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Dimitri Halkidis/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: MSN/Promotional10 of 16
- Photo: Z.Tomaszewski/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: BMA/JTT/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: HG1/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: ZTA/ZOB/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: Jody Cortes/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and DevelopmentMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Bryan Singer Accuser Michael Egan Drops Sex Abuse LawsuitMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Pivot Network Now Available on College Streaming Service PhiloMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:31:00 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Attracts 2.3 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Chiller 'As Above, So Below' Tries to Put Scare Into 'Guardians'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:53:00 PM
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and Development
Entertainment Tonight -- Brittany Murphy's father, Angelo Bertolotti, has filed a lawsuit against the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office after being dissatisfied by the handling of his daughter's death investigation, according to court papers obtained by ET.
In the documents, Bertolotti states that he disagrees with the findings in the autopsy report, writing that the "testing/toxicology was incomplete and the death of Brittany Anne Murphy Monjack was never fully investigated."
The autopsy reportedly attributed Murphy's death to community-acquired pneumonia and iron deficiency anemia.
In the lawsuit, Bertolotti requests that a judge release his daughter's hair samples so that he might investigate further.
Murphy died on Dec. 19, 2009, five months prior to the death of her husband, Simon, who also reportedly passed from pneumonia and anemia.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
RELATED ON ETONLINE:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Golden Globe Style
Cojo predicts the trends for the 2010 Golden Globes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTEmmy Parties
From Crowd Ignite