Brittany Murphy's Dad Sues L.A. County Coroner
- Photo: JM5/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: DH1/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: AP1/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: DH1/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News5 of 16
- Photo: Dimitri Halkidis/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Jody Cortes/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Dimitri Halkidis/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: MSN/Promotional10 of 16
- Photo: Z.Tomaszewski/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: BMA/JTT/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: HG1/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: ZTA/ZOB/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: Jody Cortes/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Ratings: ABC's 'Resurrection' Debuts BigMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:36:00 AM
- 'True Detective': What We Know About Season 2MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:21:00 AM
- ABC Drama 'Resurrection' Sparks Social Media Buzz Even If People Can't SMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:19:00 AM
- 20th Century Fox TV Distribution Promotes Kristen Finney to SVP, Worldwide Pay TV and SVODMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:14:00 AM
- William Guarnere, 'Band of Brothers' Character and WWII Vet, Dead at 90MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 7:41:00 AM
- Ratings: ABC's 'Resurrection' Debuts Big
Entertainment Tonight -- Brittany Murphy's father, Angelo Bertolotti, has filed a lawsuit against the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office after being dissatisfied by the handling of his daughter's death investigation, according to court papers obtained by ET.
In the documents, Bertolotti states that he disagrees with the findings in the autopsy report, writing that the "testing/toxicology was incomplete and the death of Brittany Anne Murphy Monjack was never fully investigated."
The autopsy reportedly attributed Murphy's death to community-acquired pneumonia and iron deficiency anemia.
In the lawsuit, Bertolotti requests that a judge release his daughter's hair samples so that he might investigate further.
Murphy died on Dec. 19, 2009, five months prior to the death of her husband, Simon, who also reportedly passed from pneumonia and anemia.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
RELATED ON ETONLINE:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite