Brittany Murphy's Husband Found Dead at Family Home
- Photo: DH1/WENN1 of 8
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP2 of 8
- Photo: Dimitri Halkidis/WENN3 of 8
- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News4 of 8
- Photo: Russ Einhorn/Splash News5 of 8
- Photo: Splash News6 of 8
- Photo: Steve Dennett, Aaron St. Clair/Splash News7 of 8
More Celeb News
- VIDEO: Paula Deen Returns to Today, Reveals Comeback PlansMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 7:24:00 AM
- 'NCIS: New Orleans' Review: Scott Bakula Steers CBS's Competent ExpansionMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 7:18:00 AM
- Comic Book Overload: Why TV Has Gone to the SuperheroesMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 7:09:00 AM
- Paula Deen Returns to 'Today' Show After N-Word Fiasco to Apologize and Make Some MSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 7:06:00 AM
- 'Black-ish' Creator Goes for Specific Stereotypes While Telling a Universal StoryMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 7:00:00 AM
- VIDEO: Paula Deen Returns to Today, Reveals Comeback Plans
The widower of Brittany Murphy was found dead at the home the couple once shared in the Hollywood Hills. The Los Angeles Police Department tells ET Simon Monjack was pronounced dead late Sunday night after suffering a heart attack.
RELATED: Remembering Brittany Murphy
A 911 call was placed to come to the aid of Monjack at 9 p.m. on Sunday night. Resuscitation efforts failed and Monjack passed away from cardiac arrest. Sgt. Louie Lozano of the Los Angeles Police Department told ET that detectives are on the scene to conduct an investigation. Pending further investigation, police tell ET that detectives believe he died of natural causes.
RELATED: Stars mourn Brittany's passing
Late wife Brittany Murphy died on December 20, 2009 from pneumonia, with other conditions contributing but not directly related to the immediate cause of death: iron deficiency anemia and multiple drug intoxication.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTInspiring Hubby!
From Crowd Ignite