Brittany Murphy's Husband Simon Monjack: How Did This Happen?
- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News1 of 8
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP2 of 8
- Photo: DH1/WENN3 of 8
- Photo: Dimitri Halkidis/WENN4 of 8
- Photo: BMA/JTT/WENN5 of 8
- Photo: Dimitri Halkidis/WENN6 of 8
- Photo: Jody Cortes/WENN7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper Are Ruining the Country in 'American Hustle' Clip (MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:39:51 PM
- How Oscar Isaac's Career Fallback Landed Him 'Inside Llewyn Davis'MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:30:24 PM
- Nelson Mandela Death: The Anti-Apartheid Freedom Fighter's Life in Pictures (Photos)MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:25:02 PM
- The Antichrist Is Coming in New 'Devil's Due' Trailer (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:14:38 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Ian Harding to Play Drug Addict in 'Dynamite: MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 3:26:12 PM
- Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper Are Ruining the Country in 'American Hustle' Clip (
In an all-new interview, Brittany Murphy's husband Simon Monjack is speaking out just two days after his wife's untimely death.
"How did it happen? Her mum, myself and her family -- we want to know why we lost our baby," he tells People.com.
RELATED: Brittany Murphy In Memoriam gallery
Monjack says he hasn't slept since his mother-in-law found Murphy in the bathroom early Sunday morning and that although he didn't initially like the idea of an autopsy, he knew it was necessary.
"My initial reaction to the autopsy was, they're going to cut her open, I couldn't bear it," Monjack said. "That would break her mother, but we realized we needed to know. I look forward to getting the results."
Monjack reveals that Murphy did suffer from a heart murmur and says she had been resting due to a bout of laryngitis.
"She was on herbal remedies that wouldn't speed up her heart," Monjack says. "There was nothing here that could endanger her; there was prescription medication in the house for her female time and some cough syrup. That was it."
Monjack says that on the night before her death they relaxed in bed and watched "It's Complicated," "Public Enemy" and "The Princess and the Frog" while eating Thai food.
Monjack says that despite what people thought of them together, they were in love.
"So many people have their views of us, but they never met us or sat down with us," he says. "I'm not perfect, but I don't think anyone is. I am feeling beyond devastated. I was in love with Brittany and Brittany with me."
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCheap Jewelry
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite