Brittany Murphy's Husband Simon Monjack: How Did This Happen?Related: Brittany Murphy
- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News1 of 8
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/AP2 of 8
- Photo: DH1/WENN3 of 8
- Photo: Dimitri Halkidis/WENN4 of 8
- Photo: BMA/JTT/WENN5 of 8
- Photo: Dimitri Halkidis/WENN6 of 8
- Photo: Jody Cortes/WENN7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Director Costa-Gavras: European Cinema Could Not Survive Without State Protection MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:39:13 PM
- HBO Passes on Darren Aronofsky Pilot 'Hobgoblin,' FX Eyes Project (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:34:40 PM
- Journalist Michael Hastings Dead at 33MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:21:05 PM
- Paul Feig Developing Female James Bond Comedy 'Susan Cooper'MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:06:06 PM
- Reed Elsevier Sues Jay Penske's Variety, Claims $1.3 Million OwedMSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 3:18:15 PM
- Director Costa-Gavras: European Cinema Could Not Survive Without State Protection
In an all-new interview, Brittany Murphy's husband Simon Monjack is speaking out just two days after his wife's untimely death.
"How did it happen? Her mum, myself and her family -- we want to know why we lost our baby," he tells People.com.
RELATED: Brittany Murphy In Memoriam gallery
Monjack says he hasn't slept since his mother-in-law found Murphy in the bathroom early Sunday morning and that although he didn't initially like the idea of an autopsy, he knew it was necessary.
"My initial reaction to the autopsy was, they're going to cut her open, I couldn't bear it," Monjack said. "That would break her mother, but we realized we needed to know. I look forward to getting the results."
Monjack reveals that Murphy did suffer from a heart murmur and says she had been resting due to a bout of laryngitis.
"She was on herbal remedies that wouldn't speed up her heart," Monjack says. "There was nothing here that could endanger her; there was prescription medication in the house for her female time and some cough syrup. That was it."
Monjack says that on the night before her death they relaxed in bed and watched "It's Complicated," "Public Enemy" and "The Princess and the Frog" while eating Thai food.
Monjack says that despite what people thought of them together, they were in love.
"So many people have their views of us, but they never met us or sat down with us," he says. "I'm not perfect, but I don't think anyone is. I am feeling beyond devastated. I was in love with Brittany and Brittany with me."
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite