Brittany Murphy's mom blames toxic mold for killing actress
- Photo: Apega/WENN1 of 17
- Photo: Apega/WENN2 of 17
- Photo: DH1/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: JM5/WENN4 of 17
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP5 of 17
- Photo: MSN/Promotional6 of 17
- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News7 of 17
- Photo: DH1/WENN8 of 17
- Photo: Dimitri Halkidis/WENN9 of 17
- Photo: Z.Tomaszewski/WENN10 of 17
- Photo: Jody Cortes/WENN11 of 17
- Photo: Dimitri Halkidis/WENN12 of 17
- Photo: BMA/JTT/WENN13 of 17
- Photo: HG1/WENN14 of 17
- Photo: ZTA/ZOB/WENN15 of 17
- Photo: Jody Cortes/WENN16 of 17
More Celeb News
- HBO Miniseries 'Show Me a Hero' Casts Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina and Jon BernthalMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:43:00 PM
- Nicole Holofcener to Write, Direct 'Land of Steady Habits' for Fox SearchlightMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:29:00 PM
- James Foley Death: Pentagon Reveals Mission to Rescue US Hostages in Syria FailedMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:03:00 PM
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Review: Eva Green Steals This Juvenile Film NoirMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Legendary Digital's Zombie Movie 'Dead Rising' Lures 'LeprechaunMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 3:49:00 PM
- HBO Miniseries 'Show Me a Hero' Casts Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina and Jon Bernthal
Although Brittany Murphy's mother scoffed at speculation last year that toxic mold might have contributed to the starlet's death, she's now claiming that toxic mold was the culprit, and she has launched a lawsuit against her former lawyers for allegedly preventing her from filing a wrongful death case.
RELATED: Celebs Gone Too Soon
The "Clueless" star passed away in 2009 after suffering a cardiac arrest linked to pneumonia and anemia, while Murphy's husband, Simon Monjack, died five months later from the same causes.
RELATED: In Memoriam: Brittany Murphy
Sharon Murphy is suing her former lawyers for legal malpractice, claiming they duped her into agreeing to a settlement and giving up her rights to sue the property builders.
She alleges the attorneys persuaded her to accept a settlement over construction problems in January but failed to explain to her that she would then be unable to take action against the builders.
TMZ claims she is seeking the amount she would have won in a wrongful death lawsuit, as well as other damages.
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott put their cheating scandal behind them and vacation as a family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Gwyneth Paltrow, get the romance rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite