Brittany Murphy's mom blames toxic mold for killing actress
- Photo: Apega/WENN1 of 17
- Photo: Apega/WENN2 of 17
- Photo: DH1/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: JM5/WENN4 of 17
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP5 of 17
- Photo: MSN/Promotional6 of 17
- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News7 of 17
- Photo: DH1/WENN8 of 17
- Photo: Dimitri Halkidis/WENN9 of 17
- Photo: Z.Tomaszewski/WENN10 of 17
- Photo: Jody Cortes/WENN11 of 17
- Photo: Dimitri Halkidis/WENN12 of 17
- Photo: BMA/JTT/WENN13 of 17
- Photo: HG1/WENN14 of 17
- Photo: ZTA/ZOB/WENN15 of 17
- Photo: Jody Cortes/WENN16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Marvel's 'Agent Carter' Casts 'Jupiter Ascending' Star MSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 5:00:00 PM
- 'Arrow' Casts 'Spartacus' Nick Tarabay as DC Supervillain CaptaiMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 4:58:00 PM
- Michael Jackson Hologram Case Escalates to Restraining Order Over Hitler PictureMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Jenny McCarthy's New Reason for Ouster from 'The View:' She's ToMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 3:58:00 PM
- 'The Real' Draws Weak Premiere RatingsMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Marvel's 'Agent Carter' Casts 'Jupiter Ascending' Star
Although Brittany Murphy's mother scoffed at speculation last year that toxic mold might have contributed to the starlet's death, she's now claiming that toxic mold was the culprit, and she has launched a lawsuit against her former lawyers for allegedly preventing her from filing a wrongful death case.
RELATED: Celebs Gone Too Soon
The "Clueless" star passed away in 2009 after suffering a cardiac arrest linked to pneumonia and anemia, while Murphy's husband, Simon Monjack, died five months later from the same causes.
RELATED: In Memoriam: Brittany Murphy
Sharon Murphy is suing her former lawyers for legal malpractice, claiming they duped her into agreeing to a settlement and giving up her rights to sue the property builders.
She alleges the attorneys persuaded her to accept a settlement over construction problems in January but failed to explain to her that she would then be unable to take action against the builders.
TMZ claims she is seeking the amount she would have won in a wrongful death lawsuit, as well as other damages.
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian cuddles a koala, plus more stars share their photos from adventures abroad on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See what the cast of "Saved by the Bell" is up to today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite