Brittany Murphy's mom blames toxic mold for killing actress
- Photo: Apega/WENN1 of 17
- Photo: Apega/WENN2 of 17
- Photo: DH1/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: JM5/WENN4 of 17
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP5 of 17
- Photo: MSN/Promotional6 of 17
- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News7 of 17
- Photo: DH1/WENN8 of 17
- Photo: Dimitri Halkidis/WENN9 of 17
- Photo: Z.Tomaszewski/WENN10 of 17
- Photo: Jody Cortes/WENN11 of 17
- Photo: Dimitri Halkidis/WENN12 of 17
- Photo: BMA/JTT/WENN13 of 17
- Photo: HG1/WENN14 of 17
- Photo: ZTA/ZOB/WENN15 of 17
- Photo: Jody Cortes/WENN16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Dimension Unleashing James Wan's 'Demonic' in Theaters This DecemberMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:16:00 AM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Premiere Generates 263,000 More Tweets Than OriginalMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:07:00 AM
- CBS Television Studios Names Two New Drama Development ExecsMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:00:00 AM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 12:52 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 9:52:52 AM
- Toronto mayor Ford orders 5 espressos in videoMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 9:49:12 AM
- Dimension Unleashing James Wan's 'Demonic' in Theaters This December
Although Brittany Murphy's mother scoffed at speculation last year that toxic mold might have contributed to the starlet's death, she's now claiming that toxic mold was the culprit, and she has launched a lawsuit against her former lawyers for allegedly preventing her from filing a wrongful death case.
RELATED: Celebs Gone Too Soon
The "Clueless" star passed away in 2009 after suffering a cardiac arrest linked to pneumonia and anemia, while Murphy's husband, Simon Monjack, died five months later from the same causes.
RELATED: In Memoriam: Brittany Murphy
Sharon Murphy is suing her former lawyers for legal malpractice, claiming they duped her into agreeing to a settlement and giving up her rights to sue the property builders.
She alleges the attorneys persuaded her to accept a settlement over construction problems in January but failed to explain to her that she would then be unable to take action against the builders.
TMZ claims she is seeking the amount she would have won in a wrongful death lawsuit, as well as other damages.
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite