Brittany Murphy's mom blames toxic mold for killing actress
- Photo: Apega/WENN1 of 17
- Photo: AP1/WENN2 of 17
- Photo: DH1/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: JM5/WENN4 of 17
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP5 of 17
- Photo: MSN/Promotional6 of 17
- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News7 of 17
- Photo: DH1/WENN8 of 17
- Photo: Dimitri Halkidis/WENN9 of 17
- Photo: Z.Tomaszewski/WENN10 of 17
- Photo: Jody Cortes/WENN11 of 17
- Photo: Dimitri Halkidis/WENN12 of 17
- Photo: BMA/JTT/WENN13 of 17
- Photo: HG1/WENN14 of 17
- Photo: ZTA/ZOB/WENN15 of 17
- Photo: Jody Cortes/WENN16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media GroupMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:37:00 PM
- Managers Call SAG-AFTRA's Code of Ethics 'DOA' After SurveyMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:31:00 PM
- FX's 'Archer' Renewed for 2 More SeasonsMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Insiders: Andrew Garfield Rewrote Batkid Oscars Speech, Thought Segment Was ExploitativeMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:54:00 PM
- CW's Uncensored 'Reign' Sex Scenes Are 'Appalling,' SayMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media Group
Although Brittany Murphy's mother scoffed at speculation last year that toxic mold might have contributed to the starlet's death, she's now claiming that toxic mold was the culprit, and she has launched a lawsuit against her former lawyers for allegedly preventing her from filing a wrongful death case.
RELATED: Celebs Gone Too Soon
The "Clueless" star passed away in 2009 after suffering a cardiac arrest linked to pneumonia and anemia, while Murphy's husband, Simon Monjack, died five months later from the same causes.
RELATED: In Memoriam: Brittany Murphy
Sharon Murphy is suing her former lawyers for legal malpractice, claiming they duped her into agreeing to a settlement and giving up her rights to sue the property builders.
She alleges the attorneys persuaded her to accept a settlement over construction problems in January but failed to explain to her that she would then be unable to take action against the builders.
TMZ claims she is seeking the amount she would have won in a wrongful death lawsuit, as well as other damages.
Check out the many ways that Britney Spears is looking better than ever.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite