Brittany Murphy's mom blames toxic mold for killing actress
- Photo: Apega/WENN1 of 17
- Photo: Apega/WENN2 of 17
- Photo: DH1/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: JM5/WENN4 of 17
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP5 of 17
- Photo: MSN/Promotional6 of 17
- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News7 of 17
- Photo: DH1/WENN8 of 17
- Photo: Dimitri Halkidis/WENN9 of 17
- Photo: Z.Tomaszewski/WENN10 of 17
- Photo: Jody Cortes/WENN11 of 17
- Photo: Dimitri Halkidis/WENN12 of 17
- Photo: BMA/JTT/WENN13 of 17
- Photo: HG1/WENN14 of 17
- Photo: ZTA/ZOB/WENN15 of 17
- Photo: Jody Cortes/WENN16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Jon Stewart's 'Rosewater' Lands Prime Awards Season Release DateMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:27:00 AM
- Casting Director Marion Dougherty to Receive Posthumous EmmyMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:13:00 AM
- Spike Jonze to Guest Star on HBO's 'Girls'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:03:00 AM
- Hearst Grabs Principato-Young's Corey Moss to Make Web SeriesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:00:00 AM
- 'Gone Girl' Beauty Emily Ratajkowski Joins Zac Efron in 'We Are Your FrieMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:57:00 AM
- Jon Stewart's 'Rosewater' Lands Prime Awards Season Release Date
Although Brittany Murphy's mother scoffed at speculation last year that toxic mold might have contributed to the starlet's death, she's now claiming that toxic mold was the culprit, and she has launched a lawsuit against her former lawyers for allegedly preventing her from filing a wrongful death case.
RELATED: Celebs Gone Too Soon
The "Clueless" star passed away in 2009 after suffering a cardiac arrest linked to pneumonia and anemia, while Murphy's husband, Simon Monjack, died five months later from the same causes.
RELATED: In Memoriam: Brittany Murphy
Sharon Murphy is suing her former lawyers for legal malpractice, claiming they duped her into agreeing to a settlement and giving up her rights to sue the property builders.
She alleges the attorneys persuaded her to accept a settlement over construction problems in January but failed to explain to her that she would then be unable to take action against the builders.
TMZ claims she is seeking the amount she would have won in a wrongful death lawsuit, as well as other damages.
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite