Brittany Murphy’s Mother Reacts to Simon Monjack Autopsy Findings
- Photo: DH1/WENN1 of 6
- Photo: Russ Einhorn/Splash News2 of 6
- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News3 of 6
- Photo: Splash News4 of 6
- Photo: Steve Dennett, Aaron St. Clair/Splash News5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'Game of Thrones,' '2 Broke Girls,' 'Silicon Valley&MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 5:04:00 PM
- Stacy Keibler and Husband Welcome a Baby GirlMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:27:00 PM
- Matthew McConaughey Courted for 'The Stand,' Nearing Deal for 'Gold&aMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:27:00 PM
- The Mindy Project Taps Niecy Nash as Mindy's RivalMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- Steve Martin in Negotiations to Star in Disney's 'Magic Camp'MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:01:00 PM
- 'Game of Thrones,' '2 Broke Girls,' 'Silicon Valley&
The late Brittany Murphy's mother, Sharon Murphy, is speaking out about the preliminary autopsy findings regarding her son-in-law Simon Monjack, who died of pneumonia in May "just like Brittany," a spokesman for the Los Angeles County coroner said.
"I am still in shock and mourning over the deaths of my daughter Brittany and son-in-law Simon," Sharon said. "It is with great relief that Simon's preliminary autopsy findings have been released, so the media speculations can stop … As I was sure of, just like my daughter Brittany, there was no kind of drug overdose."
RELATED: Remembering Brittany Murphy
Prescription drugs were found in Monjack's system, the Los Angeles coroner's spokesman told CNN, but not in lethal levels.
"I am calling on the media to stop the reckless innuendos that my daughter and son-in-law misused any kind of prescription medications," Sharon added. "Thank you to the thousands of people who have sent letters and emails letting me know I am in their thoughts and prayers. I am getting stronger every day."
Murphy also died of pneumonia last December, with other conditions contributing but not directly related to the immediate cause of death being iron deficiency anemia and multiple drug intoxication.
The late husband and wife are buried next to each other at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Los Angeles.
Related stories: Simon Monjack Buried Next to Brittany Murphy
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFashion Offenders
From Crowd Ignite