- Photo: Daniel Robertson/StarTraks1 of 10
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN2 of 10
- Photo: FS2/WENN3 of 10
- Photo: Demis Maryannakis/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 10
- Photo: Masatoshi Okauchi/Rex USA5 of 10
- Photo: @brooklyndecker/Twitter6 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 10
- Photo: AB1/WENN8 of 10
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage9 of 10
More Celeb News
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit ExpansionMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 4:25:00 PM
- New Star Wars Film Resumes Production After Harrison Ford InjuryMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 3:44:00 PM
- 'Greatest American Hero' Reboot by '22 Jump Street' Team in the MSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 2:59:00 PM
- 'The Following' Showrunner Jennifer Johnson Exits After Only Three MonthsMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 1:19:00 PM
- A&E Networks to Buy Stake in Vice MediaMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 12:51:00 PM
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit Expansion
By Jessica Wedemeyer, with reporting by Scott Huver
Brooklyn Decker's tastes in fashion may not be especially avant-garde, but apparently the model-actress has a unique vision when it comes to interior design. The "Just Go With It" star dished on her new North Carolina digs while promoting her upcoming CBS sitcom "Friends With Better Lives" at the Television Critics Association winter press tour in Los Angeles, and you won't believe the unusual aesthetic touches she added to her new pad!
"I have very weird tastes," admits the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit model, who lives part-time in Austin, Texas, with husband Andy Roddick. "I used to live in Brooklyn … and I wanted to pull in elements of every place that we've lived [in our new home]. So I got Biggie Smalls wallpaper from Brooklyn. That's super-weird. It's toile wallpaper, and it's got Biggie Smalls all over it."
While wallpaper featuring a deceased rapper might be, well, a little scary for some people, Brooklyn says the wallpaper "makes her laugh."
RELATED: Amazing celeb abs
"I thought, 'This is really funky and weird and fun,'" she explains. "I feel like when you go home, it should feel good and funny and happy."
Brooklyn also dished on the joy of building her new home, a "little getaway" near her family in North Carolina: "The joy is seeing a piece of land with nothing on it, and then seeing something you envisioned and created," she says. "It's completely materialistic. There's nothing really nice about it, but … to create your little retreat, I'm really lucky to be able to do that."
Feeling a little envious now? Well, there is one thing the stunning model-actress is admittedly not fortunate enough to do: pull off bangs!
Despite her versatile hair history -- "I've cut my hair off; I've grown it long; I've dyed it brown; I wanted to dye it pink," she says -- the ability to pull off bangs alludes her. "They look terrible on me," Brooklyn admits. "I try and I try, and I never learn because I do it again and again, and it's always terrible."
Perhaps the high-maintenance hairdo is simply not suited to the laid-back model, who says she's "pretty low maintenance" when she's not working. When she's on set, however, it's another story: "When I'm working, it's like [I'm always] trying to keep the acne away, trying to keep the hair healthy and not cracking, trying to keep all of that up," she says. "[Then there's] the spray tans and the waxing and all the disgusting stuff that women have to do to kind of stay sort of at ground level."
Well, Brooklyn, we do not envy that!
RELATED: Trend report: bangs
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jared Leto, Madonna and Jaime King all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVolcano Vacay
From Crowd Ignite