Bruce Willis Donates Ski Resort to Non-Profit
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage2 of 6
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP3 of 6
- Photo: WENN4 of 6
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Rooney Mara in Negotiations to Play Tiger Lily in Warner Bros.' 'Pan'MSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 11:40:00 AM
- 'Mad Men's' Matthew Weiner Q&A: Are We Over-Analyzing TV?MSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 11:25:00 AM
- Sony Overhauls 'Smurfs' Franchise, Plans 'Popeye' MovieMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 10:20:00 AM
- Body of Proof's Nic Bishop Joins Covert AffairsMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 10:18:00 AM
- CBS Renews The Big Bang Theory for Three More SeasonsMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:58:00 AM
- Rooney Mara in Negotiations to Play Tiger Lily in Warner Bros.' 'Pan'
In the past, Bruce Willis has done some pretty good deeds, including buying 12,000 boxes of Girl Scout cookies from his daughter and sending them to troops in Afghanistan. Now, he's handing over his Idaho ski resort to a non-profit organization.
The recently formed non-profit group Soldier Mountain Ski Area, Inc. will assume ownership and operations of the resort, and one of the board members of the non-profit is the grandson of Soldier Mountain founder Bob Frostenson.
"I couldn't be more pleased with the organization that will be responsible for the management of the Soldier Mountain Ski Area," says Willis. "The community came together, established the SMSA organization, and now assures its continued success. It was exciting to see that the very people who ski at Soldier care so much about its future. I wish them the very best."
Willis has owned Soldier Mountain in Fairfield, Idaho since the late '90s. The mountain has been in operation since 1948 and has 1,150 skiable acres and many options for Snow Cat backcountry skiing.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Channing Tatum to Jennifer Lawrence, see which celebs got their start modeling.Watch Video »
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite