Bruce Willis Donates Ski Resort to Non-Profit
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage2 of 6
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP3 of 6
- Photo: WENN4 of 6
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Robert Downey Jr. Drama 'The Judge' To Open Toronto Film FestivalMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 8:53:00 AM
- Review: 'Hercules' is schlocky but entertainingMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 8:25:31 AM
- 'Walking Dead' Creator Robert Kirkman's Cinemax Pilot, 'Outcast,MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 8:16:00 AM
- The Verge Co-Founder Joshua Topolsky Joins BloombergMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 8:10:00 AM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 10:36 a.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 7:36:57 AM
- Robert Downey Jr. Drama 'The Judge' To Open Toronto Film Festival
In the past, Bruce Willis has done some pretty good deeds, including buying 12,000 boxes of Girl Scout cookies from his daughter and sending them to troops in Afghanistan. Now, he's handing over his Idaho ski resort to a non-profit organization.
The recently formed non-profit group Soldier Mountain Ski Area, Inc. will assume ownership and operations of the resort, and one of the board members of the non-profit is the grandson of Soldier Mountain founder Bob Frostenson.
"I couldn't be more pleased with the organization that will be responsible for the management of the Soldier Mountain Ski Area," says Willis. "The community came together, established the SMSA organization, and now assures its continued success. It was exciting to see that the very people who ski at Soldier care so much about its future. I wish them the very best."
Willis has owned Soldier Mountain in Fairfield, Idaho since the late '90s. The mountain has been in operation since 1948 and has 1,150 skiable acres and many options for Snow Cat backcountry skiing.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian and Kanye West to Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher, check out the cutest celeb PDA.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Stars
From Crowd Ignite