Bruce Willis Donates Ski Resort to Non-Profit
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage2 of 6
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP3 of 6
- Photo: WENN4 of 6
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Watch This Tonight: The Real Housewives of New York CityMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 7:07:00 AM
- Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz, Pedro Almodovar Condemn Israel for Gaza AttacksMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 7:04:00 AM
- Ethan Hawke, Kevin Smith, Jean-Luc Godard Among New Crop of Directors Sending Films to TorontoMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:58:00 AM
- Die Hard Star James Shigeta Dies at 81MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:49:00 AM
- Earnings: New York Times Co. Profit Down 21% in Q2MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:43:00 AM
- Watch This Tonight: The Real Housewives of New York City
In the past, Bruce Willis has done some pretty good deeds, including buying 12,000 boxes of Girl Scout cookies from his daughter and sending them to troops in Afghanistan. Now, he's handing over his Idaho ski resort to a non-profit organization.
The recently formed non-profit group Soldier Mountain Ski Area, Inc. will assume ownership and operations of the resort, and one of the board members of the non-profit is the grandson of Soldier Mountain founder Bob Frostenson.
"I couldn't be more pleased with the organization that will be responsible for the management of the Soldier Mountain Ski Area," says Willis. "The community came together, established the SMSA organization, and now assures its continued success. It was exciting to see that the very people who ski at Soldier care so much about its future. I wish them the very best."
Willis has owned Soldier Mountain in Fairfield, Idaho since the late '90s. The mountain has been in operation since 1948 and has 1,150 skiable acres and many options for Snow Cat backcountry skiing.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite