Bruce Willis Donates Ski Resort to Non-Profit
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage2 of 6
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP3 of 6
- Photo: WENN4 of 6
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Anne Sweeney Exits Disney: TheWrap Picks Potential ReplacementsMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 2:05:00 PM
- Lena Dunham Says She May Quit Acting After Girls EndsMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 2:02:00 PM
- Game of Thrones Star Kristian Nairn Comes Out as GayMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 2:01:00 PM
- What Happened When the Cameras Went Off? Bachelor's Chris Harrison Spills on the Tense FinaMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 1:47:00 PM
- Jon Klein on His New Online Venture: 'We've Created the Company That I Feared WoulMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:41:00 PM
- Anne Sweeney Exits Disney: TheWrap Picks Potential Replacements
In the past, Bruce Willis has done some pretty good deeds, including buying 12,000 boxes of Girl Scout cookies from his daughter and sending them to troops in Afghanistan. Now, he's handing over his Idaho ski resort to a non-profit organization.
The recently formed non-profit group Soldier Mountain Ski Area, Inc. will assume ownership and operations of the resort, and one of the board members of the non-profit is the grandson of Soldier Mountain founder Bob Frostenson.
"I couldn't be more pleased with the organization that will be responsible for the management of the Soldier Mountain Ski Area," says Willis. "The community came together, established the SMSA organization, and now assures its continued success. It was exciting to see that the very people who ski at Soldier care so much about its future. I wish them the very best."
Willis has owned Soldier Mountain in Fairfield, Idaho since the late '90s. The mountain has been in operation since 1948 and has 1,150 skiable acres and many options for Snow Cat backcountry skiing.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of Duchess Kate's most budget-friendly fashion items.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite