Bullock steps out to pick up Guys Choice award
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 8
- Photo: Michael Caulfield/WireImage.com3 of 8
- Photo: RD/Kirkland/Retna Digital4 of 8
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Splash News6 of 8
- Photo: Rob Kim/Retna Digital7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 'Locke' Review: Tom Hardy Captivates in This One-Man Road TripMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 2:39:00 PM
- NBC's Comedy Playground Slammed With Trademark Infringement, Unfair Competition SuitMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 2:16:00 PM
- MTV Renews 'Real World' and 'Teen Wolf,' Slates 3 New SeriesMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 2:06:00 PM
- Gov. Brown Getting the Message on California's Film, TV Tax Credit TroublesMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 1:08:00 PM
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence, Calls Abuse Allegations "Vicious and Completely False"MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 1:07:00 PM
- 'Locke' Review: Tom Hardy Captivates in This One-Man Road Trip
Sandra Bullock made her first public appearance following her split from husband Jesse James at Saturday night's Guys Choice Awards in Los Angeles, where she picked up a top movie award.
RELATED: See more pics of Sandra
The Oscar winner was handed the Troops Choice Award for Entertainer of The Year, voted on by members of the military. Her appearance at Spike TV's annual ceremony was the first time she's stepped out professionally since her marriage split in March.
Bullock made reference to her personal problems during her acceptance speech, but predominantly paid tribute to U.S. troops for their service.
RELATED VIDEO: Bullock steps out for awards and a kiss
She told the audience, "Let's be honest here, just for a moment. Did I win this for being entertainer of the year, or did I win this because of the spectacular I.E.D. (improvised explosive device) explosion that became my personal life?!
"It's okay. Because I would do it over again if it was to entertain our troops, and our extraordinary troops deserve something much more than some actress in a tight dress talking herself (sic)."
"Having a dad that's a veteran, I see the sacrifices you made for this country. I'm so lucky everyday to wake up having what I have and I thank you guys for that."
Sylvester Stallone was honored for his lengthy career on the big screen and joked that he'd still be making movies as a pensioner.
Jessica Biel fought off competition from Zoe Saldana to pick up the Holy Grail of Hot award, while Ben Affleck presented the Decade of Hotness honor to Charlize Theron, and model Brooklyn Decker landed the Hotter than Hell trophy.
Christopher Nolan and Leonardo DiCaprio stepped onstage to accept the 2010 Most Manticipated Movie for the filmmaker's upcoming thriller, "Inception," while Guy Movie of the Year went to "The Hangover." Martin Scorsese's 1990 gangster classic, "Goodfellas," was inducted into the Guy Movie Hall of Fame.
Other awards went to Ozzy Osbourne, who won the Literary Achievement honor for his recent memoir, "I am Ozzy," while George Clooney was named Guy of the Year.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStar Weight Loss
From Crowd Ignite