Calif. prosecutor: Penn to be charged with battery
- Photo: Thibault Camus/Invision/AP1 of 7
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP2 of 7
- Photo: Marcio Jose Sanchez/Invision/AP3 of 7
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP4 of 7
- Photo: Terrance Jennings/Retna Ltd.5 of 7
- Photo: Chris Weeks/Invision/AP6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Malcolm McDowell Joins Gael Garcia Bernal in 'Mozart in the Jungle'MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 6:15:10 AM
- 'Decoding Annie Parker' Starring Helen Hunt, Samantha Morton Picked Up By eOne FilMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 6:57:26 PM
- 'Anchorman' Ron Burgundy ESPN Gig Canceled Due to Jameis Winston CoverageMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 6:47:39 PM
- Song Smashup Showdown: Which 2013 Year-End Pop Music Collaboration Is Best?MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 6:39:52 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Epic' Director Chris Wedge Calls Animated Filmmaking a MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 6:32:13 PM
- Malcolm McDowell Joins Gael Garcia Bernal in 'Mozart in the Jungle'
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- California prosecutors say Sean Penn faces battery and vandalism charges stemming from an altercation with a photographer in Brentwood last fall.
RELATED: See more photos of Sean Penn
Spokesman Frank Mateljan with the Los Angeles city attorney's office says the two misdemeanor counts were expected to be filed later Friday.
A phone message for Penn's attorney, Barry Hirsch, was not immediately returned.
Mateljan says Penn kicked a photographer during a dustup in October. The photographer's camera also was damaged.
If convicted, Penn could face up to 18 months in jail.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBen vs. Casey
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite