Calif. prosecutor: Penn to be charged with battery
- Photo: Thibault Camus/Invision/AP1 of 7
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP2 of 7
- Photo: Marcio Jose Sanchez/Invision/AP3 of 7
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP4 of 7
- Photo: Terrance Jennings/Retna Ltd.5 of 7
- Photo: Chris Weeks/Invision/AP6 of 7
More Celeb News
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:48 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 3:48:49 PM
- Newport Folk Festival celebrates 55th anniversaryMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 3:48:41 PM
- 'Beneath' Director Ben Ketai on Sam Raimi's Tutelage, Claustrophobic CoalMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 3:46:00 PM
- Yes! Former WWE champ catches suspected burglarMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 3:39:18 PM
- 'Agent Carter' First Episodes to Be Directed by 'Captain America: Winter MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 3:29:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:48 p.m. EDT
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- California prosecutors say Sean Penn faces battery and vandalism charges stemming from an altercation with a photographer in Brentwood last fall.
RELATED: See more photos of Sean Penn
Spokesman Frank Mateljan with the Los Angeles city attorney's office says the two misdemeanor counts were expected to be filed later Friday.
A phone message for Penn's attorney, Barry Hirsch, was not immediately returned.
Mateljan says Penn kicked a photographer during a dustup in October. The photographer's camera also was damaged.
If convicted, Penn could face up to 18 months in jail.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTDown-low Romance
From Crowd Ignite