Calif. prosecutor: Penn to be charged with battery
- Photo: Thibault Camus/Invision/AP1 of 7
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP2 of 7
- Photo: Marcio Jose Sanchez/Invision/AP3 of 7
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP4 of 7
- Photo: Terrance Jennings/Retna Ltd.5 of 7
- Photo: Chris Weeks/Invision/AP6 of 7
More Celeb News
- NBC's 'Sound of Music Live': Hollywood's Best ReactionsMSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 10:00:00 PM
- Oprah Winfrey Says Goodbye to Nelson Mandela: 'My Hero' (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 9:01:17 PM
- Paul Walker Death: Man Arrested for Allegedly Stealing Part of Wrecked PorscheMSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 8:29:13 PM
- 'Shahs of Sunset's' Gay Catfight Earns Season-High RatingsMSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 7:07:01 PM
- Amanda Seyfried to Star in Will Ferrell-Produced Comedy 'He's F-ing Perfect&apMSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 6:49:07 PM
- NBC's 'Sound of Music Live': Hollywood's Best Reactions
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- California prosecutors say Sean Penn faces battery and vandalism charges stemming from an altercation with a photographer in Brentwood last fall.
RELATED: See more photos of Sean Penn
Spokesman Frank Mateljan with the Los Angeles city attorney's office says the two misdemeanor counts were expected to be filed later Friday.
A phone message for Penn's attorney, Barry Hirsch, was not immediately returned.
Mateljan says Penn kicked a photographer during a dustup in October. The photographer's camera also was damaged.
If convicted, Penn could face up to 18 months in jail.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBen vs. Casey
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite