Cameron Diaz: I Thought I'd Be Married With 2 Kids by Age 21
- Photo: JE1/WENN1 of 11
- Photo: BD3/WENN2 of 11
- Photo: Harper's Bazaar3 of 11
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP4 of 11
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com5 of 11
- Photo: Juan Sharma/ Bruja/PacificCoastNews.com6 of 11
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 11
- Photo: Pascal Le Segretain/GettyImages.com8 of 11
- Photo: Nicolas Briquet/StarTraks9 of 11
- Photo: Peter Kramer/KRAPE10 of 11
More Celeb News
- 'Beyond the Lights' Review: Gugu Mbatha-Raw Portrays Divadom With Honesty and CompMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 4:42:00 PM
- BuzzFeed Taps Andrew Gauthier to Lead Video DivisionMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Roger Goodell Won't Resign From NFL, But Promises Conduct Policy ChangesMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 3:29:00 PM
- HBO Suspends Pre-Production of Brian De Palma's Penn State Molestation Film 'To DeMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 2:28:00 PM
- Dancing's Derek Hough: We Have Something "Potentially Dangerous" PlannedMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 2:28:00 PM
- 'Beyond the Lights' Review: Gugu Mbatha-Raw Portrays Divadom With Honesty and Comp
Wonder why Cameron Diaz hasn't married and had kids yet? Blame Hollywood.
Although she plays an expectant mother and sports a baby bump in "What to Expect When You're Expecting," the 39-year old actress explains in the June issue of Redbook why her own life took a different path.
"I thought I was going to be married and have two children by the time I was 21. I think I felt I had to model my life after my mother's," says the star, whose mom, Billie Diaz, had two daughters with her now-deceased husband Emilio.
"But then my career was starting to take off and there were still so many things I wanted to do," explains Diaz, who was a successful model in her teens and landed a part in "The Mask" at age 21. "So that dream [of motherhood] for me was shattered early on. After that I never put another timeline on anything in my life."
Diaz's "What to Expect" co-star Jennifer Lopez became at mom at age 38 in February 2008 when she and then-husband Marc Anthony welcomed twins Emme and Max, now 4. The landmark how-to book that inspired the pregnancy film was a lifesaver for the singer and actress, who suffered "baby blues" after giving birth.
"I remember after the babies were born, about seven to 10 days in, I was like, 'What is going on with me?' I felt sad and depressed and thought the babies didn't love me," Lopez confessed to Redbook. "I actually remember picking up the book to try to see what was happening to me, and it said how you have this huge hormonal drop about seven to 10 days after you give birth. It's called the 'baby blues.' But I just thought they didn't like me!"
Their castmate Elizabeth Banks became a mom for the first time in March 2011, when she and her husband, Max Handelman, welcomed son Felix via gestational carrier.
"I think the thing you always hear -- but can't really feel or believe -- is how this little baby really does change your life," the "Hunger Games" actress, 38, tells the magazine. "When you have children, it's the entire focus of your life, but my capacity for joy has been opened up in a way I never thought possible."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Royal Beach Bods
Check out the hottest royals enjoying their beach vacations.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTMagical Mermaid
From Crowd Ignite