Cameron Douglas writes letter to judge as he awaits sentencing
- Photo: DH1/WENN1 of 9
- Photo: AP1/WENN2 of 9
- Photo: First News/WENN3 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com4 of 9
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com5 of 9
- Photo: Police Mug Shot/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com7 of 9
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its VideosMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:42:00 PM
- TV Presidents Kevin Spacey, Julia Louis Dreyfus Tangle With 'Fargo's' BilMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:40:00 PM
- NBC's 'Aquarius' Books 'The Originals' Alum Claire HoltMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Will Be Darker and 'a Lot Less PatiMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:12:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its Videos
Michael Douglas' incarcerated son, Cameron, has written a letter to a judge, expressing his "shame and penitence" ahead of his sentencing for a new drug possession charge.
Cameron Douglas is currently serving a five-year prison sentence after being convicted of methamphetamine possession with intent to distribute, and one count of cocaine possession, stemming from an arrest two years ago.
The 33-year-old faces an additional 18 months behind bars after authorities found what appeared to be heroin and cocaine in his cell.
In October, Cameron admitted to smuggling narcotics into prison, telling the court, "God knows I'm sorry about this situation."
The letter to the judge begs for "the opportunity to build myself and gain the tools I need to shape my future," ahead of his sentencing on Wednesday.
In the court filing, obtained by the New York Post, he adds, "I feel so strongly, for the first time in my life, that I am truly ripe for positive reform and real achievement," adding that he's "been battling this disease of addiction, as you know, for more than half of my life."
RELATED: Celebrity Offspring
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite