Cameron Douglas writes letter to judge as he awaits sentencing
- Photo: DH1/WENN1 of 9
- Photo: AP1/WENN2 of 9
- Photo: First News/WENN3 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com4 of 9
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com5 of 9
- Photo: Police Mug Shot/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com7 of 9
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- New Lego Movie Hits Tribeca But This One's a DocumentaryMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 6:07:00 AM
- Tribeca Docs on Government Spying: 'What Was Illegal Under Nixon Is Legal Under Obama&aMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 9:25:00 PM
- Cloning Around: Orphan Black Resurrects the (Presumed) DeadMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 7:00:00 PM
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to PromMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Bangerz Tour After Allergic Reaction to AntibioticsMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 3:13:00 PM
- New Lego Movie Hits Tribeca But This One's a Documentary
Michael Douglas' incarcerated son, Cameron, has written a letter to a judge, expressing his "shame and penitence" ahead of his sentencing for a new drug possession charge.
Cameron Douglas is currently serving a five-year prison sentence after being convicted of methamphetamine possession with intent to distribute, and one count of cocaine possession, stemming from an arrest two years ago.
The 33-year-old faces an additional 18 months behind bars after authorities found what appeared to be heroin and cocaine in his cell.
In October, Cameron admitted to smuggling narcotics into prison, telling the court, "God knows I'm sorry about this situation."
The letter to the judge begs for "the opportunity to build myself and gain the tools I need to shape my future," ahead of his sentencing on Wednesday.
In the court filing, obtained by the New York Post, he adds, "I feel so strongly, for the first time in my life, that I am truly ripe for positive reform and real achievement," adding that he's "been battling this disease of addiction, as you know, for more than half of my life."
RELATED: Celebrity Offspring
Get the engagement scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's 2014 Royal Tour on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
The Kind Mama
The actress and New York Times best-selling author talks to WW's Chris Gardner about her new book, "The Kind Mama," having more kids, and a "Clueless" sequel...Watch Video »
Get the scoop inside Porsha Williams and Kenya Moore's fight and much more on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Get the details inside Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's shocking split on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite