Cameron Douglas writes letter to judge as he awaits sentencing
- Photo: DH1/WENN1 of 9
- Photo: AP1/WENN2 of 9
- Photo: First News/WENN3 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com4 of 9
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com5 of 9
- Photo: Police Mug Shot/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com7 of 9
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 10 Oscar Lessons From the First Blitz of Critics' AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:58:45 PM
- 'Hobbit' Sequel's High Frame Rate Theaters Nearly Doubled But Warner BroMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:36:29 PM
- Leighton Meester to Make Broadway Debut Opposite James Franco in 'Of Mice and Men'MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 9:00:07 PM
- How Hollywood Infiltrated Miami's Art Basel (Photos)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 7:56:35 PM
- '20 Feet From Stardom' Stars to Sing National Anthem at Rose BowlMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 7:04:02 PM
- 10 Oscar Lessons From the First Blitz of Critics' Awards
Michael Douglas' incarcerated son, Cameron, has written a letter to a judge, expressing his "shame and penitence" ahead of his sentencing for a new drug possession charge.
Cameron Douglas is currently serving a five-year prison sentence after being convicted of methamphetamine possession with intent to distribute, and one count of cocaine possession, stemming from an arrest two years ago.
The 33-year-old faces an additional 18 months behind bars after authorities found what appeared to be heroin and cocaine in his cell.
In October, Cameron admitted to smuggling narcotics into prison, telling the court, "God knows I'm sorry about this situation."
The letter to the judge begs for "the opportunity to build myself and gain the tools I need to shape my future," ahead of his sentencing on Wednesday.
In the court filing, obtained by the New York Post, he adds, "I feel so strongly, for the first time in my life, that I am truly ripe for positive reform and real achievement," adding that he's "been battling this disease of addiction, as you know, for more than half of my life."
RELATED: Celebrity Offspring
Khloe Kardashian, Jennifer Hudson, and Christina Hendricks all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWedding Bells
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite