Camila Alves: Husband Matthew McConaughey isn't as romantic as his movie characters
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage1 of 14
- Photo: AGF s.r.l./Rex USA2 of 14
- Photo: Photo by Joel Ryan/Invision/AP3 of 14
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage4 of 14
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 14
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 14
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman for Focus Features/Invision/AP7 of 14
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/Getty Images North America8 of 14
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP9 of 14
- Photo: FS2/WENN10 of 14
- Photo: Tony DiMaio/StarTraks11 of 14
- Photo: Mario Santoro/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.12 of 14
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Ladies' Home Journal Cuts Staff, Transitioning Into QuarterlyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 12:01:00 PM
- NBC's 'Community' Holds Down the Fort: See the Newest #SixSeasonsAndAMoviMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 12:00:00 PM
- Sony Veteran Steve Elzer Launches New PR Company Elzer and AssociatesMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 11:52:00 AM
- Tom Hardy Explains His Approach to Acting: 'I See Myself as a Piece of Meat'MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 11:44:00 AM
- Avi Lerner Rips the President for Not Fighting Piracy: 'Obama is Scared of Google'MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 11:35:00 AM
- Ladies' Home Journal Cuts Staff, Transitioning Into Quarterly
Inside Matthew McConaughey and Camila Alves' marriage! While McConaughey's Feb. 20 appearance on "Inside the Actors Studio" offered an in-depth look at his acting career, it also gave a good glimpse into his relationship with wife Alves.
The 32-year-old Brazilian model and mother of their three children was sitting in the audience during McConaughey's interview. After discussing the 44-year-old actor's many rom-com roles, host James Lipton asked Alves how she met her husband.
"We met at a bar on Sunset Boulevard," she replied with a laugh.
"Was it love at first sight?" Lipton asked.
"Um ..." Alves said smiling.
"It was for me!" the "Dallas Buyers Club" star interjected. "It wasn't for you."
Looking surprised, Alves replied, "That's the first time you've said that."
"I didn't say, 'Who is that?' I said, 'What is that?'" McConaughey recalled of seeing Alves for the first time. "I was like, 'Woo-ha! Wow!'"
McConaughey and Alves met in 2006, and married in June 2012. They are parents to sons Levi, 5, Livingston, 13 months, and daughter Vida, 4.
Joking that her answer would go "no further than this room," Lipton then asked Alves to share what her husband is really like offscreen compared to McConaughey's earlier film roles in rom-coms like 2001's "The Wedding Planner."
Alves immediately let out a telling laugh, and McConaughey told his wife, "You can say."
"It's very funny because people see him onscreen or out there in public in a certain way, and they have this vision of him being this romantic and so passionate. Just very romantic and grabs you and kisses you," she explained. "And sometimes I'm like, 'Who is this guy? Can you be a little bit of that?'"
"Sometimes I'm like, 'Can we bring that guy home for a little bit?" she joked, pointing to a movie screen.
"True?" Lipton asked McConaughey of his wife's response.
"Absolutely," the "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days" star confirmed.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
From Lena Dunham to Kristen Stewart, see the most awkward red carpet posers.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Julianne's hunky Canadian hockey beau on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLife in Pics
From Crowd Ignite