Naomi Campbell: 'I've changed'
- Photo: Pacific Coast News1 of 8
- Photo: Splash News2 of 8
- Photo: Lawrence Schwartzwald/Splash News3 of 8
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP4 of 8
- Photo: Earl Clements/Splash News5 of 8
- Photo: Karl Lagerfeld / V Magazine/.6 of 8
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Box Office: Lucy Tops HerculesMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 3:13:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Storms Japan but 'Dawn of the Planet of Apes' Rules WMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:47:00 PM
- 'Following' Producers, Stars Reveal Alternate Season 2 Ending, Preview 'RMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:46:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 3:17 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:17:05 PM
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the fantasyMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:16:57 PM
- Box Office: Lucy Tops Hercules
Naomi Campbell is adamant she's a changed woman.
The British supermodel is "embarrassed" by her past but has "learned" from her mistakes, she says in a new interview with the Daily Mail.
The catwalk beauty has been embroiled in a series of scandals over the years. She carried out a 200-hour community service sentence in 2008 after assaulting two police officers at London's Heathrow Airport, and underwent anger management classes following a 1998 attack on her former assistant.
Campbell has also struggled with her party lifestyle, but insists she's maintained her sobriety and is happy to put her past behind her as she approaches her 40th birthday this summer.
"The period from 1998 until 2005 was very difficult," she tells the British paper. "I had to work out what was important: what I wanted to change and what I wasn't happy with. It's terrifying to look in the mirror and face all your fears.
"Anger wasn't the only one of my issues, I have lots of them. I had to get clean and stay in the AA program. I understand what keeps me on the right path. I don't go every single day; I just go when I need to and I have my sponsor," she explains.
"Everyone knows what I've gone through. I'm human, I make mistakes, but I've come clean on them all. I don't deny them. I've taken the heat and felt highly embarrassed by a lot of them. I'm not proud of the things I've done and the incidents that have happened in my life, and I would never say I was. But I did something about it. I'm not above learning lessons.
RELATED: See more Naomi pics
"I'm not shirking blame for anything I did. I blame myself. I'm responsible for all my actions. But I'm also responsible for making those changes."
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite