Naomi Campbell: 'I've changed'
- Photo: Pacific Coast News1 of 8
- Photo: Splash News2 of 8
- Photo: Lawrence Schwartzwald/Splash News3 of 8
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP4 of 8
- Photo: Earl Clements/Splash News5 of 8
- Photo: Karl Lagerfeld / V Magazine/.6 of 8
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.7 of 8
More Celeb News
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 4:18:23 PM
- Orel Hershiser Joining Dodgers TV Broadcast Team (Report)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:52:05 PM
- 'Metro Manila' Comes Out on Top at British Independent Film AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:46:27 PM
- Susan Boyle Calls Asperger's Diagnosis a ReliefMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 1:35:40 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Felicity Jones Anything But an 'Invisible Woman' as DickMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 12:40:09 PM
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign
Naomi Campbell is adamant she's a changed woman.
The British supermodel is "embarrassed" by her past but has "learned" from her mistakes, she says in a new interview with the Daily Mail.
The catwalk beauty has been embroiled in a series of scandals over the years. She carried out a 200-hour community service sentence in 2008 after assaulting two police officers at London's Heathrow Airport, and underwent anger management classes following a 1998 attack on her former assistant.
Campbell has also struggled with her party lifestyle, but insists she's maintained her sobriety and is happy to put her past behind her as she approaches her 40th birthday this summer.
"The period from 1998 until 2005 was very difficult," she tells the British paper. "I had to work out what was important: what I wanted to change and what I wasn't happy with. It's terrifying to look in the mirror and face all your fears.
"Anger wasn't the only one of my issues, I have lots of them. I had to get clean and stay in the AA program. I understand what keeps me on the right path. I don't go every single day; I just go when I need to and I have my sponsor," she explains.
"Everyone knows what I've gone through. I'm human, I make mistakes, but I've come clean on them all. I don't deny them. I've taken the heat and felt highly embarrassed by a lot of them. I'm not proud of the things I've done and the incidents that have happened in my life, and I would never say I was. But I did something about it. I'm not above learning lessons.
RELATED: See more Naomi pics
"I'm not shirking blame for anything I did. I blame myself. I'm responsible for all my actions. But I'm also responsible for making those changes."
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGrammy Gold
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite