Candice Bergen opens up about 2006 stroke
- Photo: DAN STEINBERG/Invision/AP1 of 5
- Photo: REED SAXON/Invision/AP2 of 5
- Photo: NBC3 of 5
- Photo: CBS Photo Archive/Hulton Archive/.4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Miles Teller on Lending Clothes to Hook-Ups: 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back' (PhMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 10:17:00 AM
- 'Working the Engels' Canceled by NBCMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 10:07:00 AM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 1:05 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 10:05:40 AM
- Obama: 'Entire World Is Appalled' by James Foley's MurderMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:57:00 AM
- Billy Crystal to Present Robin Williams Tribute at EmmysMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:30:00 AM
- Miles Teller on Lending Clothes to Hook-Ups: 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back' (Ph
Veteran actress Candice Bergen has finally come clean about her 2006 medical scare, revealing that she denied she had suffered a stroke because she didn't want her health to become "a liability."
Bergen, now 65, was reported to have been hospitalized for an apparent stroke, but her representative dismissed the claims, saying she was receiving treatment for high blood pressure.
Bergen confesses that the media had it right all along and that she just didn't want it to affect her career.
She tells New York Magazine, "I just don't want it to be a liability."
The actress took time off filming the TV drama "Boston Legal" to rest, and she bounced back after two weeks, but she says some aspects of her health still have not fully recovered.
She says, "My memory is just ... not quite the same."
Bergen was hospitalized again last winter after falling off a bicycle and breaking her pelvis, and the accident made her realize just how fragile her body has become: "(I thought), 'Wow, now I can fall and I'll break.'"
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSassy Single
From Crowd Ignite