Carrey launches new website with video love letter
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/AP/R-STEINBERG1 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 17
- Photo: Splash News3 of 17
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News4 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 17
- Photo: Derek Storm/Splash News6 of 17
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com7 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/Alexandra Wyman/WireImage.com8 of 17
- Photo: HRC/WENN9 of 17
- Photo: Teen Vogue/Promotional10 of 17
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com11 of 17
- Photo: Twitter12 of 17
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News13 of 17
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP14 of 17
- Photo: Funny Or Die/Promotional15 of 17
- Photo: Twitter16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Jon Klein on His New Online Venture: 'We've Created the Company That I Feared WoulMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:41:00 PM
- 'Game of Thrones' Star Kristian Nairn Comes Out: 'I've Been WaitMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:31:00 PM
- Television Academy Announces New Name, Fundraising DriveMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:18:00 PM
- Anne Sweeney Exiting Disney-ABC to Become TV DirectorMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:10:00 PM
- Adam Carolla's 'Catch a Contractor' Debut Is Spike's Best in 3 YMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:06:00 PM
- Jon Klein on His New Online Venture: 'We've Created the Company That I Feared Woul
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Media-savvy Jim Carrey is launching his new website with a bang.
RELATED: Emma Stone Looks To the Future
The 49-year-old actor posted a video love letter to "The Help" star Emma Stone on www.jimcarreytrulife.com Wednesday that many online deemed "creepy." The one-minute, 53-second video shows Carrey speaking into a handheld camera and sincerely professing his love for the 22-year-old actress.
Carrey says Stone is "all the way beautiful. Not just pretty, but smart, and kindhearted" and that "if I were a lot younger, I would marry you." He goes on to say they would have "chubby little freckle-faced kids."
He continues: "Everyday for the rest of your life, you would thank God that I was the appropriate age for you. But I'm not. I'm 49. I have lines on my face, sometimes a little grey in my beard, and it takes me a little longer to pee than it used to. Those are the only discernable signs of aging that I can find so far ..."
The video was viewed so many times that it crashed Carrey's new site early Thursday. So was the whole thing really an oddball courtship attempt?
"It's a comical love letter," a rep for Carrey told AccessHollywood.
On Twitter, Carrey later wrote, "Yes, my msg to Emma Stone was a comedy routine and the funniest part is that everything i said is tru."
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite