Carrey launches new website with video love letter
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/AP/R-STEINBERG1 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 17
- Photo: Splash News3 of 17
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News4 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 17
- Photo: Derek Storm/Splash News6 of 17
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com7 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/Alexandra Wyman/WireImage.com8 of 17
- Photo: HRC/WENN9 of 17
- Photo: Teen Vogue/Promotional10 of 17
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com11 of 17
- Photo: Twitter12 of 17
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News13 of 17
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP14 of 17
- Photo: Funny Or Die/Promotional15 of 17
- Photo: Twitter16 of 17
More Celeb News
- 'Citadel's' Ciaran Foy to Direct 'Sinister 2' for BlumhMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 4:38:00 PM
- 'Heaven Is for Real' Reviews: Does the Faith-Based Film Make Believers Out of CritMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Fox responds to Bryan Singer abuse allegationsMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 3:54:00 PM
- Scandal Star Columbus Short's Wife Files for DivorceMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 2:59:00 PM
- Check Out Dave Chappelle's New Buff LookMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 2:38:00 PM
- 'Citadel's' Ciaran Foy to Direct 'Sinister 2' for Blumh
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Media-savvy Jim Carrey is launching his new website with a bang.
RELATED: Emma Stone Looks To the Future
The 49-year-old actor posted a video love letter to "The Help" star Emma Stone on www.jimcarreytrulife.com Wednesday that many online deemed "creepy." The one-minute, 53-second video shows Carrey speaking into a handheld camera and sincerely professing his love for the 22-year-old actress.
Carrey says Stone is "all the way beautiful. Not just pretty, but smart, and kindhearted" and that "if I were a lot younger, I would marry you." He goes on to say they would have "chubby little freckle-faced kids."
He continues: "Everyday for the rest of your life, you would thank God that I was the appropriate age for you. But I'm not. I'm 49. I have lines on my face, sometimes a little grey in my beard, and it takes me a little longer to pee than it used to. Those are the only discernable signs of aging that I can find so far ..."
The video was viewed so many times that it crashed Carrey's new site early Thursday. So was the whole thing really an oddball courtship attempt?
"It's a comical love letter," a rep for Carrey told AccessHollywood.
On Twitter, Carrey later wrote, "Yes, my msg to Emma Stone was a comedy routine and the funniest part is that everything i said is tru."
Watch as Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Kirstie Alley talk about their tumble during their routine.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite