Carrey launches new website with video love letter
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/AP/R-STEINBERG1 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 17
- Photo: Splash News3 of 17
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News4 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 17
- Photo: Derek Storm/Splash News6 of 17
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com7 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/Alexandra Wyman/WireImage.com8 of 17
- Photo: HRC/WENN9 of 17
- Photo: Teen Vogue/Promotional10 of 17
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com11 of 17
- Photo: Twitter12 of 17
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News13 of 17
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP14 of 17
- Photo: Funny Or Die/Promotional15 of 17
- Photo: Twitter16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Adrien Brody Does Not Lead a Normal LifeMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 12:33:00 PM
- 'Heroes' Alum Greg Grunberg to Guest on 'CSI'MSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 12:01:00 PM
- 'Arrow' Casts 'Supernatural' Alum Amy Gumenick as Obsessive Fan MSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 11:52:00 AM
- CeeLo Green Pleads No Contest in Ecstasy CaseMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 11:34:00 AM
- Bryan Singer Under Investigation by NYPD for Alleged Sexual AssaultMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 11:05:00 AM
- Adrien Brody Does Not Lead a Normal Life
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Media-savvy Jim Carrey is launching his new website with a bang.
RELATED: Emma Stone Looks To the Future
The 49-year-old actor posted a video love letter to "The Help" star Emma Stone on www.jimcarreytrulife.com Wednesday that many online deemed "creepy." The one-minute, 53-second video shows Carrey speaking into a handheld camera and sincerely professing his love for the 22-year-old actress.
Carrey says Stone is "all the way beautiful. Not just pretty, but smart, and kindhearted" and that "if I were a lot younger, I would marry you." He goes on to say they would have "chubby little freckle-faced kids."
He continues: "Everyday for the rest of your life, you would thank God that I was the appropriate age for you. But I'm not. I'm 49. I have lines on my face, sometimes a little grey in my beard, and it takes me a little longer to pee than it used to. Those are the only discernable signs of aging that I can find so far ..."
The video was viewed so many times that it crashed Carrey's new site early Thursday. So was the whole thing really an oddball courtship attempt?
"It's a comical love letter," a rep for Carrey told AccessHollywood.
On Twitter, Carrey later wrote, "Yes, my msg to Emma Stone was a comedy routine and the funniest part is that everything i said is tru."
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Search For Celebrity Santa
We're on the hunt for the celebrities who could potentially fill Santa's shoes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVolcano Vacay
From Crowd Ignite