Carrey launches new website with video love letter
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/AP/R-STEINBERG1 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 17
- Photo: Splash News3 of 17
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News4 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 17
- Photo: Derek Storm/Splash News6 of 17
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com7 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/Alexandra Wyman/WireImage.com8 of 17
- Photo: HRC/WENN9 of 17
- Photo: Teen Vogue/Promotional10 of 17
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com11 of 17
- Photo: Twitter12 of 17
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News13 of 17
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP14 of 17
- Photo: Funny Or Die/Promotional15 of 17
- Photo: Twitter16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Revolutionary opera director Gerard Mortier diesMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 5:54:34 AM
- Jonathan Demme selling vast art collection in Pa.MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 5:51:16 AM
- Lena Dunham Jokes About 'Girls' Nudity in 'SNL' MonologueMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 9:11:00 PM
- Stacy Keibler Has Surprise Beach WeddingMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 7:28:00 PM
- Science Channel Greenlights Craig Ferguson Series 'I F-ing Love Science'MSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 7:10:00 PM
- Revolutionary opera director Gerard Mortier dies
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Media-savvy Jim Carrey is launching his new website with a bang.
RELATED: Emma Stone Looks To the Future
The 49-year-old actor posted a video love letter to "The Help" star Emma Stone on www.jimcarreytrulife.com Wednesday that many online deemed "creepy." The one-minute, 53-second video shows Carrey speaking into a handheld camera and sincerely professing his love for the 22-year-old actress.
Carrey says Stone is "all the way beautiful. Not just pretty, but smart, and kindhearted" and that "if I were a lot younger, I would marry you." He goes on to say they would have "chubby little freckle-faced kids."
He continues: "Everyday for the rest of your life, you would thank God that I was the appropriate age for you. But I'm not. I'm 49. I have lines on my face, sometimes a little grey in my beard, and it takes me a little longer to pee than it used to. Those are the only discernable signs of aging that I can find so far ..."
The video was viewed so many times that it crashed Carrey's new site early Thursday. So was the whole thing really an oddball courtship attempt?
"It's a comical love letter," a rep for Carrey told AccessHollywood.
On Twitter, Carrey later wrote, "Yes, my msg to Emma Stone was a comedy routine and the funniest part is that everything i said is tru."
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Hank Azaria talks about his new documentary series "Fatherhood," his family and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite