Carrey launches new website with video love letter
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/AP/R-STEINBERG1 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 17
- Photo: Splash News3 of 17
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News4 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 17
- Photo: Derek Storm/Splash News6 of 17
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com7 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/Alexandra Wyman/WireImage.com8 of 17
- Photo: HRC/WENN9 of 17
- Photo: Teen Vogue/Promotional10 of 17
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com11 of 17
- Photo: Twitter12 of 17
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News13 of 17
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP14 of 17
- Photo: Funny Or Die/Promotional15 of 17
- Photo: Twitter16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Allison Williams headed skyward as NBC's Peter PanMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 7:17:10 AM
- Ventura: Mixed emotions about defamation suit winMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 6:53:17 AM
- Rabe, Wolcott, Bidart among winners of PEN awardsMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 6:06:25 AM
- Watch This Tonight: Sharknado 2MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:49:00 AM
- What's a group selfie? Usie (pronounced uss-ee)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:22:22 AM
- Allison Williams headed skyward as NBC's Peter Pan
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Media-savvy Jim Carrey is launching his new website with a bang.
RELATED: Emma Stone Looks To the Future
The 49-year-old actor posted a video love letter to "The Help" star Emma Stone on www.jimcarreytrulife.com Wednesday that many online deemed "creepy." The one-minute, 53-second video shows Carrey speaking into a handheld camera and sincerely professing his love for the 22-year-old actress.
Carrey says Stone is "all the way beautiful. Not just pretty, but smart, and kindhearted" and that "if I were a lot younger, I would marry you." He goes on to say they would have "chubby little freckle-faced kids."
He continues: "Everyday for the rest of your life, you would thank God that I was the appropriate age for you. But I'm not. I'm 49. I have lines on my face, sometimes a little grey in my beard, and it takes me a little longer to pee than it used to. Those are the only discernable signs of aging that I can find so far ..."
The video was viewed so many times that it crashed Carrey's new site early Thursday. So was the whole thing really an oddball courtship attempt?
"It's a comical love letter," a rep for Carrey told AccessHollywood.
On Twitter, Carrey later wrote, "Yes, my msg to Emma Stone was a comedy routine and the funniest part is that everything i said is tru."
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Gisele Bundchen to Channing Tatum, see which celebs introduced their babies on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite