Cate Blanchett was 'a couple sheets to the wind' at 2014 Golden Globes
- Photo: John Shearer/AP1 of 14
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP2 of 14
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage3 of 14
- Photo: Mike Windle/Getty Images North America4 of 14
- Photo: Picture Perfect/REX USA/Rex USA5 of 14
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage6 of 14
- Photo: Ron Asadorian/Splash News7 of 14
- Photo: Matt Sayles/AP8 of 14
- Photo: Jon Furniss/AP9 of 14
- Photo: Francois Mori/AP10 of 14
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP11 of 14
- Photo: Jon Furniss/AP12 of 14
- Photo: Getty Images North America13 of 14
More Celeb News
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Child Star Mara Wilson Has 'No Interest' in SeqMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 8:01:00 AM
- Seth Rogen Blows Up At Nancy Grace Over Anti-Marijuana TweetsMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 7:54:00 AM
- Gallery eyes portraits in the age of abstract artMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 7:52:37 AM
- MovieTickets.com Extends Harkins Theatres Remote Ticketing AgreementMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 7:52:00 AM
- Singer Chris Brown's bodyguard on trial in DCMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 7:05:26 AM
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Child Star Mara Wilson Has 'No Interest' in Seq
Cate Blanchett had a really, really good time at the 2014 Golden Globes -- not that she remembers much of it. In a new interview with the U.K.'s Telegraph a little over a week after she won the Best Actress in a Drama award for "Blue Jasmine," the 44-year-old Aussie admitted she was tipsy when she gave her acceptance speech.
"Unfortunately my category came up rather late in the evening so I was a couple of sheets to the wind," she told the paper, laughing. "Once your name is read out it's a high like no other, so I can't remember a lot. I hope I didn't do too many things I'll regret."
In fact, Blanchett's funny awards show antics have endeared her even more to fans. At the SAGs on Jan. 18, she called out fellow winner Matthew McConaughey for using his time onstage to talk about space and tell a story about a man who escaped Russia and built a boat.
"29 seconds?" she said when the music began to play her offstage during her acceptance speech. "Matthew McConaughey spoke about Neptune; I think I can have five seconds." (She also groped her "actor" statuette in a highly suggestive manner.)
The Oscar nominee -- mom to sons Dashiell, 12, Roman, 9, and Ignatius, 5, with husband Andrew Upton -- also spoke with the Telegraph about her upcoming movie "The Monuments Men," which reunited her with pals George Clooney and Matt Damon. (She and Clooney, 52, appeared together in 2006's The Good German; Damon, 43, was her costar in 1999's The Talented Mr. Ripley.)
"We talked a lot about the intervening years, during which I have been raising three sons and he has been raising three daughters," Blanchett said of Damon, dad to three girls with wife Luciana Barroso. "There are several arranged marriages waiting to be put into action."
Speaking of putting things into action, the actress has several potential projects lined up for the future. "There are a couple of things I am interested in directing, and there's a novel that I am trying to bring to the screen, so we'll see if that comes to pass," she told the paper, noting that she is also working on developing something with HBO. "But these things take time."
For now, Blanchett (already a Best Supporting Actress Oscar winner for "The Aviator," and a six-time nominee) is basking in the glow of awards season. "It's a joy and I'm enjoying it immensely," she admitted. "Probably disproportionately and indecently so."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
The Kind Mama
The actress and New York Times best-selling author talks to WW's Chris Gardner about her new book, "The Kind Mama," having more kids, and a "Clueless" sequel...Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite