Cate Blanchett was 'a couple sheets to the wind' at 2014 Golden Globes
- Photo: John Shearer/AP1 of 14
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP2 of 14
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage3 of 14
- Photo: Mike Windle/Getty Images North America4 of 14
- Photo: Picture Perfect/REX USA/Rex USA5 of 14
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage6 of 14
- Photo: Ron Asadorian/Splash News7 of 14
- Photo: Matt Sayles/AP8 of 14
- Photo: Jon Furniss/AP9 of 14
- Photo: Francois Mori/AP10 of 14
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP11 of 14
- Photo: Jon Furniss/AP12 of 14
- Photo: Getty Images North America13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Academy President Cheryl Boone Isaacs to Become Filmmaker-in-Residence at Chapman UniversityMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 11:27:00 AM
- Pretty Little Liars Finale Postmortem: A's Latest Victim Speaks Out!MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 11:09:00 AM
- Jeremy Irvine, Minka Kelly Thriller 'The World Made Straight' Acquired by MillenniMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 11:06:00 AM
- Drafthouse Films, Participant Media Acquire US Rights to 'The Look of Silence'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 10:53:00 AM
- David Frankel to Direct Sci-Fi Drama 'Departure'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 10:53:00 AM
- Academy President Cheryl Boone Isaacs to Become Filmmaker-in-Residence at Chapman University
Cate Blanchett had a really, really good time at the 2014 Golden Globes -- not that she remembers much of it. In a new interview with the U.K.'s Telegraph a little over a week after she won the Best Actress in a Drama award for "Blue Jasmine," the 44-year-old Aussie admitted she was tipsy when she gave her acceptance speech.
"Unfortunately my category came up rather late in the evening so I was a couple of sheets to the wind," she told the paper, laughing. "Once your name is read out it's a high like no other, so I can't remember a lot. I hope I didn't do too many things I'll regret."
In fact, Blanchett's funny awards show antics have endeared her even more to fans. At the SAGs on Jan. 18, she called out fellow winner Matthew McConaughey for using his time onstage to talk about space and tell a story about a man who escaped Russia and built a boat.
"29 seconds?" she said when the music began to play her offstage during her acceptance speech. "Matthew McConaughey spoke about Neptune; I think I can have five seconds." (She also groped her "actor" statuette in a highly suggestive manner.)
The Oscar nominee -- mom to sons Dashiell, 12, Roman, 9, and Ignatius, 5, with husband Andrew Upton -- also spoke with the Telegraph about her upcoming movie "The Monuments Men," which reunited her with pals George Clooney and Matt Damon. (She and Clooney, 52, appeared together in 2006's The Good German; Damon, 43, was her costar in 1999's The Talented Mr. Ripley.)
"We talked a lot about the intervening years, during which I have been raising three sons and he has been raising three daughters," Blanchett said of Damon, dad to three girls with wife Luciana Barroso. "There are several arranged marriages waiting to be put into action."
Speaking of putting things into action, the actress has several potential projects lined up for the future. "There are a couple of things I am interested in directing, and there's a novel that I am trying to bring to the screen, so we'll see if that comes to pass," she told the paper, noting that she is also working on developing something with HBO. "But these things take time."
For now, Blanchett (already a Best Supporting Actress Oscar winner for "The Aviator," and a six-time nominee) is basking in the glow of awards season. "It's a joy and I'm enjoying it immensely," she admitted. "Probably disproportionately and indecently so."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Golden Globe Style
Cojo predicts the trends for the 2010 Golden Globes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'The Bachelor'
From Crowd Ignite