Catherine Zeta-Jones: I Don't Want To Be the 'Poster Child' for Bipolar Disorder
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: Albert L. Ortega/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet5 of 16
- Photo: Javier Mateo/StarTraks6 of 16
- Photo: Andrew Toth/StarTraks7 of 16
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin8 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Marquez/Fame Flynet10 of 16
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com11 of 16
- Photo: Miramax Films/.12 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Westley Hargrave/Splash News14 of 16
- Photo: Said Elatab/Splash News15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Justin Bieber Apologizes for Visiting Tokyo Shrine Honoring War CriminalsMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 8:00:00 AM
- HBO Shows Are Coming to Amazon PrimeMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 7:40:00 AM
- Who Was Named People's "Most Beautiful" Star? MSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 6:42:00 AM
- Bachelorette Contestant in a Coma After Paragliding AccidentMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 6:42:00 AM
- Tara Lipinski and Johnny Weir Join NBC's Kentucky Derby CoverageMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 6:41:00 AM
- Justin Bieber Apologizes for Visiting Tokyo Shrine Honoring War Criminals
Catherine Zeta-Jones is ready to move forward.
After her much-publicized 2011 hospitalization for bipolar disorder, the "Playing for Keeps" star, 43, says she's officially done discussing it.
"You know what? I'm sick of talking about it because I never wanted to be the poster child for this," the actress said when asked about her struggle with mental illness on "Good Morning America" on Dec. 7. "I never wanted this to come out publicly. It came out, and I dealt with it in the best way I could, and that was just saying, 'Hey, I'm bipolar.'"
Michael Douglas' wife says she's not willing to let her disease define her -- or to play the "woe is me" card.
"Everyone has things going on and we deal with them the best we can. We can't jump from the rooftops shouting, 'I have this, look at me. Victim.' No, we all have issues in life," Zeta-Jones added. "I'm really happy I have great friends, great support and that's all I can do."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Catherine Zeta-Jones: I Don't Want To Be the "Poster Child" for Bipolar Disorder
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBaby Girl!
From Crowd Ignite