Catherine Zeta-Jones: I Don't Want To Be the 'Poster Child' for Bipolar Disorder
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: Albert L. Ortega/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet5 of 16
- Photo: Javier Mateo/StarTraks6 of 16
- Photo: Andrew Toth/StarTraks7 of 16
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin8 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Marquez/Fame Flynet10 of 16
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com11 of 16
- Photo: Miramax Films/.12 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Westley Hargrave/Splash News14 of 16
- Photo: Said Elatab/Splash News15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-HostMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Brett Ratner to Produce Donna Tartt's 'The Goldfinch' for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:39:00 PM
- Sherri Shepherd Joins Ice Cube, Kevin Hart in 'Ride Along 2' for First Post-&aMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- Comic-Con 'Zombie Walk' Accident: Fate of Next Year's Event Is UncertainMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter Signs New Overall Deal With 20th TVMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:00:00 PM
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-Host
Catherine Zeta-Jones is ready to move forward.
After her much-publicized 2011 hospitalization for bipolar disorder, the "Playing for Keeps" star, 43, says she's officially done discussing it.
"You know what? I'm sick of talking about it because I never wanted to be the poster child for this," the actress said when asked about her struggle with mental illness on "Good Morning America" on Dec. 7. "I never wanted this to come out publicly. It came out, and I dealt with it in the best way I could, and that was just saying, 'Hey, I'm bipolar.'"
Michael Douglas' wife says she's not willing to let her disease define her -- or to play the "woe is me" card.
"Everyone has things going on and we deal with them the best we can. We can't jump from the rooftops shouting, 'I have this, look at me. Victim.' No, we all have issues in life," Zeta-Jones added. "I'm really happy I have great friends, great support and that's all I can do."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Catherine Zeta-Jones: I Don't Want To Be the "Poster Child" for Bipolar Disorder
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite