Catherine Zeta-Jones: I Don't Want To Be the 'Poster Child' for Bipolar Disorder
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: Albert L. Ortega/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet5 of 16
- Photo: Javier Mateo/StarTraks6 of 16
- Photo: Andrew Toth/StarTraks7 of 16
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin8 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Marquez/Fame Flynet10 of 16
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com11 of 16
- Photo: Miramax Films/.12 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Westley Hargrave/Splash News14 of 16
- Photo: Said Elatab/Splash News15 of 16
More Celeb News
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Does Mel Gibson Deserve Another Chance?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Resumes Production This MonthMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:02:00 PM
- Obama pitches his health care plan on Funny or DieMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:01:01 PM
- ABC's Ratings the Most Glaring Challenge for Anne Sweeney's SuccessorMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 3:58:00 PM
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?
Catherine Zeta-Jones is ready to move forward.
After her much-publicized 2011 hospitalization for bipolar disorder, the "Playing for Keeps" star, 43, says she's officially done discussing it.
"You know what? I'm sick of talking about it because I never wanted to be the poster child for this," the actress said when asked about her struggle with mental illness on "Good Morning America" on Dec. 7. "I never wanted this to come out publicly. It came out, and I dealt with it in the best way I could, and that was just saying, 'Hey, I'm bipolar.'"
Michael Douglas' wife says she's not willing to let her disease define her -- or to play the "woe is me" card.
"Everyone has things going on and we deal with them the best we can. We can't jump from the rooftops shouting, 'I have this, look at me. Victim.' No, we all have issues in life," Zeta-Jones added. "I'm really happy I have great friends, great support and that's all I can do."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Catherine Zeta-Jones: I Don't Want To Be the "Poster Child" for Bipolar Disorder
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Nicole Richie, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite