Catherine Zeta-Jones: I Don't Want To Be the 'Poster Child' for Bipolar Disorder
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: Albert L. Ortega/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet5 of 16
- Photo: Javier Mateo/StarTraks6 of 16
- Photo: Andrew Toth/StarTraks7 of 16
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin8 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Marquez/Fame Flynet10 of 16
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com11 of 16
- Photo: Miramax Films/.12 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Westley Hargrave/Splash News14 of 16
- Photo: Said Elatab/Splash News15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Box Office: Lucy Tops HerculesMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 3:13:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Storms Japan but 'Dawn of the Planet of Apes' Rules WMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:47:00 PM
- 'Following' Producers, Stars Reveal Alternate Season 2 Ending, Preview 'RMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:46:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 3:17 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:17:05 PM
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the fantasyMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:16:57 PM
- Box Office: Lucy Tops Hercules
Catherine Zeta-Jones is ready to move forward.
After her much-publicized 2011 hospitalization for bipolar disorder, the "Playing for Keeps" star, 43, says she's officially done discussing it.
"You know what? I'm sick of talking about it because I never wanted to be the poster child for this," the actress said when asked about her struggle with mental illness on "Good Morning America" on Dec. 7. "I never wanted this to come out publicly. It came out, and I dealt with it in the best way I could, and that was just saying, 'Hey, I'm bipolar.'"
Michael Douglas' wife says she's not willing to let her disease define her -- or to play the "woe is me" card.
"Everyone has things going on and we deal with them the best we can. We can't jump from the rooftops shouting, 'I have this, look at me. Victim.' No, we all have issues in life," Zeta-Jones added. "I'm really happy I have great friends, great support and that's all I can do."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Catherine Zeta-Jones: I Don't Want To Be the "Poster Child" for Bipolar Disorder
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Sexy Marky Mark
Take a look back at Mark Wahlberg's best shirtless looks over the yearsWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite