Celebrity trainer Harley Pasternak opens up on Jennifer Hudson's body transformationRelated: Miley Cyrus, Robert Pattinson, Jennifer Hudson
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News1 of 9
- Photo: Joel Ryan/AP2 of 9
- Photo: Adriana M. Barraza/WENN3 of 9
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/AP4 of 9
- Photo: John Shearer/GettyImages.com5 of 9
- Photo: John R. Kennedy/Splash News6 of 9
- Photo: Peter Kramer/AP7 of 9
- Photo: Retna Ltd./Retna Ltd.8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Cannes: 'The Missing Picture' Wins Un Certain Regard PrizeMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 11:05:21 AM
- Cannes: Lesbian Coming-of-Age Story 'Blue Is the Warmest Color' Wins Fipresci PrizMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 10:48:45 AM
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Driving Record Memorial Day Weekend at Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 7:34:58 AM
- Good Morning, Cannes: From Bloody Fun to Bloody SchlockMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 6:55:12 AM
- PowerGrid's Biggest Movers of the Week: Chris Pine, Noah Baumbach's Projects BoostMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 6:42:06 PM
- Cannes: 'The Missing Picture' Wins Un Certain Regard Prize
By Melissa Hunter
This week I had the opportunity to do a workout session with trainer to the stars Harley Pasternak at the smartwater Malibu beach house. Four days later, I think I'm finally not sore. Was this just a ploy for my bosses to get me in shape?
Harley's 5-Factor Diet has been a celebrity favorite for quite some time, and his client list includes Miley Cyrus, Robert Pattinson, Lady Gaga, Megan Fox, Katy Perry, Seth Rogen, and the Jennifer Hudson who recently had an incredibly impressive body transformation. I got a chance to chat with Harley about Hudson's story, his philosophy on exercise and why he discourages his clients from getting too skinny.
Why his diet appeals to the celeb clientele:
"It requires the least amount of time for the most amount of results, and the clients that we have, that's what they're looking for. They need to see results, and they don't have a lot of time to see those results. It also has to be sustainable."
On Jennifer Hudson's impressive body makeover:
"We got hired to help her prepare for the film she's shooting right now, to play the role of Winnie Mandela … She's not someone who typically liked exercising, but she saw the results and we got her working out 5 days a week and she had a newborn at home so I got her taking walks with her baby in the area she lived in ... She was fantastic to work with and she still is. She's in South Africa right now shooting and we email on a regular basis to find out what workout she's doing and how much cardio she's doing."
How he got Robert Pattinson to be even more swoon-worthy:
"We work with him whenever he has a film to get ready for, which is quite often. Right now for the movie he's doing, 'Water for Elephants,' we're working with him on that. He's a great client, works hard. Again, not someone who naturally is someone who grew up working out and going to the gym, but it's part of his job and part of looking good and feeling good."
On the difference between young clients like Miley and older ones like Jane Fonda:
"Age today is very different than age used to be ... We have some of our oldest clients that are actually our fittest clients. People I've worked with like Jane Fonda, like Jeff Goldblum, who's almost 60, these people are fitter than anyone in their 20s that we work with."
Why scary skinny starlets aren't thinking ahead:
"If you're emaciated skinny, you don't feel great. There are compromises and sacrifices. Women should look like women. Women need natural curves, and women if they're too lean, their hormonal cycle gets thrown off and they stop looking and feeling like women. It's really been important to me that a man should look like a man, a woman should look like a woman, and you should feel great and never feel like 'Oh gosh, I don't know how long I can keep this up for.'"
- Chief BeefKaty Perry incites a Twitter feud with a 17-year-old rapper. Get the dirty details on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Fashion BluesKourtney Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens and Tara Reid all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Fights & FeudsGet the scoop on some of the most recent Hollywood feuds on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Svelte BodKhloe Kardashian showed off her svelte figure, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Last TripGet the scoop on Kim’s final pre-baby Parisian getaway on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Magic LoveThe stars of "Now You See Me" chat learning magic tricks and experiencing the real deal.Watch Video »
- Workout ObsessedGwyneth Paltrow works out for two hours a day, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Twitter AttackFind out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- 'Fast' TalkWatch as the cast of "Fast & furious 6" talk about getting injuries while filming, getting jacked and a whole lot more.Watch Video »
- Feeling SwollenKim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Moving OutRobert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite