Celebrity trainer Harley Pasternak opens up on Jennifer Hudson's body transformationRelated: Miley Cyrus, Robert Pattinson, Jennifer Hudson
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News1 of 9
- Photo: Joel Ryan/AP2 of 9
- Photo: Adriana M. Barraza/WENN3 of 9
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/AP4 of 9
- Photo: John Shearer/GettyImages.com5 of 9
- Photo: John R. Kennedy/Splash News6 of 9
- Photo: Peter Kramer/AP7 of 9
- Photo: Retna Ltd./Retna Ltd.8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Cannes: Magnolia Acquires Kurt Russell Western 'Bone Tomahawk'MSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 3:03:43 PM
- Bill Hader on 'SNL': Wacky, Tacky Wedding Farewell (Video) MSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 1:55:41 PM
- The Weinstein Company Checks Into 'Suite Francaise' With Michelle WilliamsMSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 1:53:24 PM
- Wrekin Hill Acquires U.S. Rights to John Malkovich Movie 'Siberian Education'MSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 1:34:32 PM
- 'Senna' Director Asif Kapadia to Direct Love Story 'Ali and Nino&aposMSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 1:11:10 PM
- Cannes: Magnolia Acquires Kurt Russell Western 'Bone Tomahawk'
By Melissa Hunter
This week I had the opportunity to do a workout session with trainer to the stars Harley Pasternak at the smartwater Malibu beach house. Four days later, I think I'm finally not sore. Was this just a ploy for my bosses to get me in shape?
Harley's 5-Factor Diet has been a celebrity favorite for quite some time, and his client list includes Miley Cyrus, Robert Pattinson, Lady Gaga, Megan Fox, Katy Perry, Seth Rogen, and the Jennifer Hudson who recently had an incredibly impressive body transformation. I got a chance to chat with Harley about Hudson's story, his philosophy on exercise and why he discourages his clients from getting too skinny.
Why his diet appeals to the celeb clientele:
"It requires the least amount of time for the most amount of results, and the clients that we have, that's what they're looking for. They need to see results, and they don't have a lot of time to see those results. It also has to be sustainable."
On Jennifer Hudson's impressive body makeover:
"We got hired to help her prepare for the film she's shooting right now, to play the role of Winnie Mandela … She's not someone who typically liked exercising, but she saw the results and we got her working out 5 days a week and she had a newborn at home so I got her taking walks with her baby in the area she lived in ... She was fantastic to work with and she still is. She's in South Africa right now shooting and we email on a regular basis to find out what workout she's doing and how much cardio she's doing."
How he got Robert Pattinson to be even more swoon-worthy:
"We work with him whenever he has a film to get ready for, which is quite often. Right now for the movie he's doing, 'Water for Elephants,' we're working with him on that. He's a great client, works hard. Again, not someone who naturally is someone who grew up working out and going to the gym, but it's part of his job and part of looking good and feeling good."
On the difference between young clients like Miley and older ones like Jane Fonda:
"Age today is very different than age used to be ... We have some of our oldest clients that are actually our fittest clients. People I've worked with like Jane Fonda, like Jeff Goldblum, who's almost 60, these people are fitter than anyone in their 20s that we work with."
Why scary skinny starlets aren't thinking ahead:
"If you're emaciated skinny, you don't feel great. There are compromises and sacrifices. Women should look like women. Women need natural curves, and women if they're too lean, their hormonal cycle gets thrown off and they stop looking and feeling like women. It's really been important to me that a man should look like a man, a woman should look like a woman, and you should feel great and never feel like 'Oh gosh, I don't know how long I can keep this up for.'"
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Queen's FeastBeyonce had a major feast in Dublin, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Bump DebutSelena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
- Beers With BieberJustin Bieber shares photos of his beer-drinking safari on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Missing Miley?Get the scoop on the newest breakup rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Visiting U.S.Prince Harry is visiting the United States again, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersMiranda Kerr, Katy Perry, and Bjork all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Wants PrivacySelena Gomez doesn't like everyone knowing about her relationship with Justin Bieber, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Baby FaceCheck out the first pic of Malin Akerman's son -- a closeup of his adorable face -- on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite