Channing Tatum Can't Escape Stripper Past
- Photo: AR4/WENN1 of 6
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: AR4/WENN3 of 6
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN4 of 6
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'La Cage aux Folles' Director Edouard Molinaro Dead at 85MSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 4:49:15 PM
- Vin Diesel Shares His Emotional Moment With Paul Walker's FamilyMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 3:18:16 PM
- Bob Dylan's Infamous Electric Guitar Fetches Nearly $1 Million at AuctionMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 2:57:27 PM
- La Scala's 'La Traviata' opener gets mixed reviewsMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 2:13:57 PM
- European Film Awards: 'The Great Beauty' Wins European Film 2013MSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 1:38:57 PM
- 'La Cage aux Folles' Director Edouard Molinaro Dead at 85
The beefy actor is currently out stumping for the sword-and-sandal flick "The Eagle," and once again, his long-ago tour of duty in a Tampa strip club as an exotic dancer named Chan Crawford has come back to haunt him.
"Yeah, yeah, [I] definitely was," he tells CNN of his bumping-and-grinding days. "[I] had a crazy life in Florida, man. I've lived a lot of different lives, and I'm not ashamed of 'em."
But Tatum, who tied the knot with Jenna Dewan in 2009, doesn't recommend exotic dancing as a career path to fame and fortune.
"Would I suggest 'em to people? Probably not," he says. "But it was just one of those things. I've had a bunch of different, incredible experiences that I might have never really escaped, and I'm pretty happy I got nine lives. Hopefully, I've got a couple more in the pocket."
This time last year, while Channing was making the rounds for the three-Kleenex weeper "Dear John," he treated Ellen DeGeneres to a few of his old moves (see it here).
"Look, I'm not proud of it," he said of his past, "but I'm not ashamed of it."
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGrammy Gold
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite