Channing Tatum Can't Escape Stripper Past
- Photo: AR4/WENN1 of 6
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: AR4/WENN3 of 6
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN4 of 6
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Salma Hayek pulls trigger on 'Everly' at Comic-ConMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:35:22 PM
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Reveals New Characters, Carter Adds Captain DirectorsMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:28:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 7:11 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:11:32 PM
- Selma Hayek pulls trigger on 'Everly' at Comic-ConMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:11:28 PM
- 'Justice League' Recruiting 'Batman v Superman' Writer Chris TerMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:05:00 PM
- Salma Hayek pulls trigger on 'Everly' at Comic-Con
The beefy actor is currently out stumping for the sword-and-sandal flick "The Eagle," and once again, his long-ago tour of duty in a Tampa strip club as an exotic dancer named Chan Crawford has come back to haunt him.
"Yeah, yeah, [I] definitely was," he tells CNN of his bumping-and-grinding days. "[I] had a crazy life in Florida, man. I've lived a lot of different lives, and I'm not ashamed of 'em."
But Tatum, who tied the knot with Jenna Dewan in 2009, doesn't recommend exotic dancing as a career path to fame and fortune.
"Would I suggest 'em to people? Probably not," he says. "But it was just one of those things. I've had a bunch of different, incredible experiences that I might have never really escaped, and I'm pretty happy I got nine lives. Hopefully, I've got a couple more in the pocket."
This time last year, while Channing was making the rounds for the three-Kleenex weeper "Dear John," he treated Ellen DeGeneres to a few of his old moves (see it here).
"Look, I'm not proud of it," he said of his past, "but I'm not ashamed of it."
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTDown-low Romance
From Crowd Ignite