Channing Tatum: Even Straight Guys Should See Joe Manganiello Naked
- Photo: WENN1 of 9
- Photo: Glen Wilson/Warner Bros.2 of 9
- Photo: MH/GVK/Bauer-Griffin3 of 9
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage4 of 9
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital5 of 9
- Photo: © RD / Orchon/Retna Ltd.6 of 9
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage7 of 9
- Photo: DW/Bauer-Griffin8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Orange Is the New Black Stars Debate Whether Bennett Deserves to Go To PrisonMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 8:28:00 AM
- George Clooney Will Never 'Accept' an Apology From the Daily Mail 'the WMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 7:44:00 AM
- 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' Rises to $4.1 Million at Thursday Night Box OfficMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 7:11:00 AM
- Weekend TV: FX's Creepy Strain, Return of Ray Donovan and Masters of SexMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 6:54:00 AM
- Why Hollywood Producers and Labor Guilds Chose Peace Instead of WarMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 6:00:00 AM
- Orange Is the New Black Stars Debate Whether Bennett Deserves to Go To Prison
Channing Tatum hopes to see "Magic Mike" reach the broadest audience possible -- heterosexual men included.
The film, loosely based on his own experiences as an exotic dancer, features Tatum, 32, Matthew McConaughey, 42, Alex Pettyfer, 22, Matt Bomer, 34, Joe Manganiello, 35, and Adam Rodriguez, 27, in various states of undress.
"With Joe Manganiello naked in a movie, I think even straight guys are going to be, 'S---, I need to see that,'" Tatum tells OUT's June-July issue. "That man is a specimen."
But Tatum knows that getting straight male moviegoers to see "Magic Mike" is likely a long shot. "It's risky. People say that women and the gay community will go see it, knock on wood, but I know straight guys won't be like, 'Yo, what's up, man? You wanna go see the stripping movie after the game tonight?' I doubt they'll have the balls to see it."
Adds Tatum, "What's funny is that the girls don't ask me questions about my stripping days, but straight guys want to know everything. It's that fantasy element. It's probably why a lot of females on Halloween are the whorey version of a ketchup bottle, or slutty nurse, which I love and respect: It's liberating."
When asked about his days as a stripper in Tampa, Fla., Tatum, who wed Jenna Dewan in 2009, admits that he "never enjoyed the taking-the-clothes-off part."
"You are on a stage with people yelling at you, and you feel you're a rock star, but you're nothing, you're just a guy taking off his clothes, looking like a fool in a stupid outfit."
PHOTOS: Channing Tatum's sexy body
For Tatum, "Magic Mike" not only gave him the chance to revisit his past, it provided the opportunity to move away from tearjerkers like "Dear John" and "The Vow."
"I was definitely looking for something to take me into the dark side," he tells OUT. "You learn something about yourself, you learn about men, women, you see a lot of depressing s---, people that are lost. But at the same time, the dark side can be exciting. It can feel like you're cheating death every night."
"Magic Mike" arrives in theaters June 29.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Reese Witherspoon shares photos of her burgeoning friendship with Sofia Vergara on Instagram on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna shows her softer, sweeter side -- plus a newfound maternal instinct! -- on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the many revealing looks that Kim Kardashian has donned recently.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the cutest celeb baby bumps hitting the beach this summer.Watch Video »
From Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz to Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, take a look at some of Hollywood's strangest couples.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStill Peeved
From Crowd Ignite