Channing Tatum on Fatherhood: 'It's Going To Be Intense'
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP1 of 18
- Photo: Neilson Barnard/Getty Images North America2 of 18
- Photo: PHIL McCARTEN/Reuters3 of 18
- Photo: MARIO ANZUONI/Reuters4 of 18
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN5 of 18
- Photo: JMF/WENN6 of 18
- Photo: All Access Photo/Splash News7 of 18
- Photo: Zodiac/Splash News8 of 18
- Photo: LRR//Fame Flynet9 of 18
- Photo: Splash News10 of 18
- Photo: Malone/Fame Flynet11 of 18
- Photo: RPE/ZOJ/WENN12 of 18
- Photo: Retna Ltd.13 of 18
- Photo: Fame Flynet14 of 18
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com15 of 18
- Photo: WireImage16 of 18
- Photo: FRED PROUSER/Reuters17 of 18
More Celeb News
- VIDEO: Paula Deen Returns to Today, Reveals Comeback PlansMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 7:24:00 AM
- 'NCIS: New Orleans' Review: Scott Bakula Steers CBS's Competent ExpansionMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 7:18:00 AM
- Comic Book Overload: Why TV Has Gone to the SuperheroesMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 7:09:00 AM
- Paula Deen Returns to 'Today' Show After N-Word Fiasco to Apologize and Make Some MSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 7:06:00 AM
- 'Black-ish' Creator Goes for Specific Stereotypes While Telling a Universal StoryMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 7:00:00 AM
- VIDEO: Paula Deen Returns to Today, Reveals Comeback Plans
Channing Tatum is no stranger to fast-paced, heart-pumping action films, but the 32-year-old actor is bracing himself for his most challenging role yet: fatherhood.
"The rest of this year is going to be pretty nuts," he told Us Weekly at the New York premiere of his new crime drama thriller, "Side Effects," on Thursday. "Even during having the baby -- the baby-having process -- it's going to be intense."
Tatum and his wife, Jenna Dewan-Tatum, also 32, have been happily anticipating the new addition to their family since they announced her first-time pregnancy back in December.
"Channing is so excited for the baby," a pal of the couple told Us at the time. "He's been wanting this a long time. They are over the moon about becoming parents."
The couple first met on the set of dance flick "Step Up" in 2006, and married in a beachside ceremony in Malibu, Calif., on July 11, 2009.
But with the new baby on the way, Tatum tells Us that he's hoping to slow down a bit in his professional career. The actor had an impressive five films out in 2012 -- "Haywire," "The Vow," "21 Jump Street," "Magic Mike" and "Ten Year" -- so this year will be about getting behind the camera, he explained.
"We're going to take a break, and my [production] partner [Reid Carolin] and I, we're going to try to like direct and do some things like that," he told Us.
The actor expressed similar sentiments back in December, prior to announcing the baby news.
"We have about three to four ideas that we love that are all in the hopper. By the end of next year, we're going to shut things down and write the first thing that we're going to direct," Tatum told Entertainment Weekly at the beginning of December. "We're going to be like, alright, no more acting parts for a minute, let's take a few and really get caring about that section of our career."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See how Kate Hudson embraces Instagram on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Britney's new bachelorette status on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTInspiring Hubby!
From Crowd Ignite