Channing Tatum on Fatherhood: 'It's Going To Be Intense'
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP1 of 18
- Photo: Neilson Barnard/Getty Images North America2 of 18
- Photo: PHIL McCARTEN/Reuters3 of 18
- Photo: MARIO ANZUONI/Reuters4 of 18
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN5 of 18
- Photo: JMF/WENN6 of 18
- Photo: All Access Photo/Splash News7 of 18
- Photo: Zodiac/Splash News8 of 18
- Photo: LRR//Fame Flynet9 of 18
- Photo: Splash News10 of 18
- Photo: Malone/Fame Flynet11 of 18
- Photo: RPE/ZOJ/WENN12 of 18
- Photo: Retna Ltd.13 of 18
- Photo: Fame Flynet14 of 18
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com15 of 18
- Photo: WireImage16 of 18
- Photo: FRED PROUSER/Reuters17 of 18
More Celeb News
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' First Reveal at Comic-Con: Philip Seymour Hoffman IntroMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 11:14:00 AM
- AMC Greenlights Afghanistan Drama Pilot 'White City'MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 10:49:00 AM
- Is WGN America's Manhattan a Blast? 4 Reasons to Watch the Atomic DramaMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 10:30:00 AM
- 'Lucy' Scores $2.74 Million on Thursday Night, 'Hercules' GruntsMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 10:24:00 AM
- Exclusive Video: Behind the Scenes of The Wonder Years Cast ReunionMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 9:39:00 AM
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' First Reveal at Comic-Con: Philip Seymour Hoffman Intro
Channing Tatum is no stranger to fast-paced, heart-pumping action films, but the 32-year-old actor is bracing himself for his most challenging role yet: fatherhood.
"The rest of this year is going to be pretty nuts," he told Us Weekly at the New York premiere of his new crime drama thriller, "Side Effects," on Thursday. "Even during having the baby -- the baby-having process -- it's going to be intense."
Tatum and his wife, Jenna Dewan-Tatum, also 32, have been happily anticipating the new addition to their family since they announced her first-time pregnancy back in December.
"Channing is so excited for the baby," a pal of the couple told Us at the time. "He's been wanting this a long time. They are over the moon about becoming parents."
The couple first met on the set of dance flick "Step Up" in 2006, and married in a beachside ceremony in Malibu, Calif., on July 11, 2009.
But with the new baby on the way, Tatum tells Us that he's hoping to slow down a bit in his professional career. The actor had an impressive five films out in 2012 -- "Haywire," "The Vow," "21 Jump Street," "Magic Mike" and "Ten Year" -- so this year will be about getting behind the camera, he explained.
"We're going to take a break, and my [production] partner [Reid Carolin] and I, we're going to try to like direct and do some things like that," he told Us.
The actor expressed similar sentiments back in December, prior to announcing the baby news.
"We have about three to four ideas that we love that are all in the hopper. By the end of next year, we're going to shut things down and write the first thing that we're going to direct," Tatum told Entertainment Weekly at the beginning of December. "We're going to be like, alright, no more acting parts for a minute, let's take a few and really get caring about that section of our career."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian and Kanye West to Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher, check out the cutest celeb PDA.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Stars
From Crowd Ignite