Charges of Deceit, Violence Fuel Mel Gibson's Breakup DramaRelated: Hot Gossip, Mel Gibson
- Photo: Mel with Oksana/Tuukka Jantti/Pacific Coast News1 of 8
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN2 of 8
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com3 of 8
- Photo: Arturo Rodriguez/AP4 of 8
- Photo: EP/WUF/Splash News5 of 8
- Photo: Craig Barritt/Getty Images North America6 of 8
- Photo: Steve Grantiz/WireImage.com7 of 8
More Celeb News
- NBC Picks Up 'Siberia' Drama SeriesMSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 12:00:49 PM
- Andy Samberg Prepares to Die in New Lonely Island Single (Video)MSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 11:57:19 AM
- Fox News 'Outraged' by Justice Department Spying on ReporterMSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 11:40:27 AM
- Academy to Give More Oscars for Animated FeatureMSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 11:38:28 AM
- Kate Hudson Joins Zach Braff in Kickstarter Movie 'Wish I Was Here'MSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 11:36:21 AM
- NBC Picks Up 'Siberia' Drama Series
Both sides have launched full-on offensives in a war that will likely have no winners and one unfortunate casualty: their 8-month-old daughter, Lucia.
The latest salvo comes from the embattled, image-wrecked Oscar winner's attorney, who is taking issue with accusations that Gibson assaulted Grigorieva during a dust-up in January, three months before they announced their split.
"Oksana's deceitful conduct in trying to terminate Mel's access to his daughter continues," Stephen Kolodny rails to TMZ. "Making sensational allegations is not the way to resolve this."
Sources close to the Russian singer-songwriter, 40, claim the actor, 54, got physical with her as they argued at his Malibu house on Jan. 6, and she apparently considers him "extremely violent."
"She tried to protect the baby during one of Gibson's violent episodes when he punched Oksana in the face two times, breaking her teeth and giving her a concussion," a spy contends to TMZ.
But sources close to the star, who has seven children with not-quite-ex-wife Robyn, counter that Grigorieva "was completely out of control that day, screaming and shaking Lucia like a ragdoll."
Not so, says another Grigorieva insider: "She tried to protect his reputation, despite her fears of him and his verbal and physical abuse. She regrets having believed in his empty promises to obtain professional help to control his violent nature."
On June 20, Oksana asked for and received a restraining order barring Mel from coming near her. Within 24 hours, his legal team had the order modified so he could see his daughter, citing a preexisting custody agreement. He also reportedly got a restraining order of his own to ensure Oksana's pillowy lips stay zipped about their legal tussle (and maybe to head off the release of any "secret" recordings).
Gibson's lawyer hints that Grigorieva is motivated by her unhappiness with the custody terms.
"Having entered into an agreement that allows for overnight, unrestricted visitation, and would soon result in Mel having 50-50 custody of their daughter -- an agreement reached after a two-day mediation with two retired Superior Court judges, Mel was hopeful that their breakup was behind them and Lucia would be the beneficiary of cooperative parenting," he says. "Apparently, Lucia will be denied that good fortune."
Speaking of good fortune, Oksana kvetches to the London Daily Mail that because of Mel's supposed tightfistedness, she's having trouble making ends meet.
RELATED: More pics of Mel
"He is not paying me a penny. Nothing," she told the paper from her Los Angeles-area home, which Gibson is rumored to own. "There are so many lies being said about me. I was trying to keep things dignified and be respectful to the father of my daughter, but what he is doing is cruelty. I am having to live on credit cards and borrowed money. It is not a good situation."
Grigorieva, who is also the mother of a 13-year-old son with actor Timothy Dalton, believes she is the victim of Gibson's PR machine.
"So much that is being put out there is wrong," she insists. "He didn't dump me, I left him. I rescued my children and myself."
Concludes Oksana, "The truth will come out eventually. There are custody issues. What is happening to me is not fair."
Read more Hot Gossip
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Queen's FeastBeyonce had a major feast in Dublin, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Bump DebutSelena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
- Beers With BieberJustin Bieber shares photos of his beer-drinking safari on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Missing Miley?Get the scoop on the newest breakup rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Visiting U.S.Prince Harry is visiting the United States again, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersMiranda Kerr, Katy Perry, and Bjork all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Wants PrivacySelena Gomez doesn't like everyone knowing about her relationship with Justin Bieber, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Baby FaceCheck out the first pic of Malin Akerman's son -- a closeup of his adorable face -- on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite