Charlize Theron had surgery for neck injury, covers bandage with scarf
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP1 of 8
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN2 of 8
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN3 of 8
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN4 of 8
- Photo: WENN5 of 8
- Photo: WENN6 of 8
- Photo: Fame Flynet7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Book of Oprah Winfrey columns to be published in fallMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 7:06:17 AM
- Hogan's Heroes Star Cynthia Lynn Dies at 76MSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 6:39:00 AM
- Review: 'Need for Speed' a thrilling stunt festMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 6:27:14 AM
- Leno, Murdoch among TV Hall of Fame inducteesMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 1:17:18 AM
- $600K taken from safe at Osteen's megachurchMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 1:01:13 AM
- Book of Oprah Winfrey columns to be published in fall
Yikes! Charlize Theron is on the mend from a neck surgery, sources reveal to Us Weekly. The 38-year-old actress made the decision to finally seek treatment for an injury she suffered several years ago.
"Charlize got injured on a set and broke a vertebrae years ago," an insider tells Us. "It's been bothering her a lot lately so she had surgery to correct it and they had to go through her neck." The injury occurred when something hit her head, the source added.
The stunning blonde has kept mum about the ordeal so far, but recently made a calculated decision to keep it hidden. While attending Variety's 5th Annual Power of Women event in Beverly Hills on Friday, Oct. 4, the Huntsman actress sported a white neck scarf to match her short Stella McCartney dress as to not draw any attention to her bandage.
"She's got a small Band-Aid on her neck," a second source added about her appearance. "She kept fussing with the white scarf. She [was] wearing to cover it, but it was poking out and visible."
Though the "Young Adult" star hasn't been "feeling good post-surgery," she's doing everything she can to bounce back quick. "She will be totally fine. She plans just to hang out and rest all weekend and recuperate," the first insider explained.
Looking beautiful, Theron accessorized her outfit with a studded clutch for the evening. Though she didn't rock her new sleek faux-hawk, the mom of son Jackson, 17 months, did admit that she's still loving her short 'do. "It's just growing out and taking its sweet old time!" she told Us.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
From Channing Tatum to Jennifer Lawrence, see which celebs got their start modeling.Watch Video »
From the Atkins Diet to aerial fitness classes, see what stars like Kim Kardashian, Jessica Alba and Beyonce do to keep in shape.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite