Charlize Theron had surgery for neck injury, covers bandage with scarf
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP1 of 8
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN2 of 8
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN3 of 8
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN4 of 8
- Photo: WENN5 of 8
- Photo: WENN6 of 8
- Photo: Fame Flynet7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:09:00 PM
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of AnarchyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Discovery Counts Down to Shark Week With 'Gears, Fears and Rears' Week (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Live Blog: Join Our Real-Time Snark-nadoMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:16:00 PM
- 'Fifty Shades' Star Dakota Johnson Joins Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in &aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&apos
Yikes! Charlize Theron is on the mend from a neck surgery, sources reveal to Us Weekly. The 38-year-old actress made the decision to finally seek treatment for an injury she suffered several years ago.
"Charlize got injured on a set and broke a vertebrae years ago," an insider tells Us. "It's been bothering her a lot lately so she had surgery to correct it and they had to go through her neck." The injury occurred when something hit her head, the source added.
The stunning blonde has kept mum about the ordeal so far, but recently made a calculated decision to keep it hidden. While attending Variety's 5th Annual Power of Women event in Beverly Hills on Friday, Oct. 4, the Huntsman actress sported a white neck scarf to match her short Stella McCartney dress as to not draw any attention to her bandage.
"She's got a small Band-Aid on her neck," a second source added about her appearance. "She kept fussing with the white scarf. She [was] wearing to cover it, but it was poking out and visible."
Though the "Young Adult" star hasn't been "feeling good post-surgery," she's doing everything she can to bounce back quick. "She will be totally fine. She plans just to hang out and rest all weekend and recuperate," the first insider explained.
Looking beautiful, Theron accessorized her outfit with a studded clutch for the evening. Though she didn't rock her new sleek faux-hawk, the mom of son Jackson, 17 months, did admit that she's still loving her short 'do. "It's just growing out and taking its sweet old time!" she told Us.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite