Charlize Theron Jokes: 'I Should Have Gotten a Boob Job 10 Years Ago'
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage1 of 15
- Photo: JE1/WENN2 of 15
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin3 of 15
- Photo: Francois Mori/Invision/AP4 of 15
- Photo: Vogue5 of 15
- Photo: LRR/Fame Flynet6 of 15
- Photo: FunnyOrDie.com/.7 of 15
- Photo: LOMELI/Bauer-Griffin8 of 15
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/StarTraks9 of 15
- Photo: BILL DAVILA/StarTraks10 of 15
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage11 of 15
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital12 of 15
- Photo: J. Vespa/WireImage13 of 15
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Digital14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Report: Joan Rivers Being Taken Out of ComaMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 2:46:00 PM
- 'Saved by the Bell' Casting Director on Returning for the Movie, Why Finding a NewMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 11:11:00 AM
- VENICE WATCH: McDormand hails female storiesMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 10:20:02 AM
- 'Guardians' tops Labor Day, summer box officeMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 10:07:27 AM
- Jennifer Lawrence requests nude pics investigationMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 9:43:01 AM
- Report: Joan Rivers Being Taken Out of Coma
Charlize Theron has a few regrets in her career: She should have gotten a boob job and never watched the movie "Splash!"
The actress got personal when she accepted the award for Distinguished Decade of Achievement in Film on Thursday at the CinemaCon 2012 Awards Show at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas.
"To some people that [the reel] might look like I'm completely bipolar. To the actors in this audience that shows what a lucky bitch I am," Theron, 36, joked of her wide ouevre of gritty dramas, comedies and action-adventure flicks. The Oscar-winner is a new mom and revealed on March 14 in a statement to Us Weekly that she adopted a baby boy named Jackson. "Thanks for giving me an opportunity in an industry that I love so much. And can just say if I knew that 3D was going to be such a big deal, I would have gotten that boob job 10 years ago."
After the audience quieted down from Theron's joke, she continued, "I want to thank every director, producer, actor, studio I have every had the opportunity to work with. You are only as great as the opportunities that are given to you. I want to thank everyone who has given me those opportunities, especially the last three years. I always get asked about the movie -- going experience and why people still want to go to the theater and it really truly is an opportunity for us to go through a great human experience that is as old as time."
"That’s why we are all here in Vegas together. I think we really learn from these stories," the South African beauty added. "I mean, I learned everything about love, watching 'Splash,'" she said of the 1984 romantic comedy. "That’s why I’m still single, so thanks Tom Hanks and Daryl Hannah for that. Thanks so much to my team. None of this is a single road so you don’t travel it alone so I want to thank everybody who has been crazy enough to stand by me. And I’m going to get that boob job for you.”
Theron has never been married and broke up with Stuart Townsend in January 2010 after nine years together. A source told Us of Theron's decision to adopt last month, "She has always wanted to be a mom. She is glad to be able to do it on her own now and is so happy to be a mom."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Charlize Theron Jokes: "I Should Have Gotten a Boob Job 10 Years Ago"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
See where Hollywood's A-listers have spent the summer.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite