Chris Brown: I'm Trying to Become a Better Person
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage1 of 9
- Photo: KH1/WENN2 of 9
- Photo: Kabik/Retna Digital3 of 9
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: Kabik/Retna Digital5 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 9
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage7 of 9
- Photo: revolutionpix/WENN8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:09:00 PM
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of AnarchyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Discovery Counts Down to Shark Week With 'Gears, Fears and Rears' Week (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Live Blog: Join Our Real-Time Snark-nadoMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:16:00 PM
- 'Fifty Shades' Star Dakota Johnson Joins Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in &aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&apos
In MTV's "This Is How I Made It," the 23-year-old singer opens up about why he no longer feels the need to continually apologize for his past behavior. "Having to get personal opinion back and having to gain personal success back ... it's not all the way back, you know? But it's one of my most humbling experiences," Brown says. "I can't hate people for making judgment on me or making a decision of liking me or not liking me. All I can do is try to be better as a person, and I'm good with knowing everything isn't always going to be perfect."
The "Beautiful People" singer -- who has been dating both Rihanna, 24, and aspiring model Karrueche Tran, 23, on-and-off -- insists his true fans have always been loyal.
"The fan base that I have and the actual support is unreal to me. They've put me in a position to be able to help people and continue to do music and help my family, help my mom," explains Brown. "I just want my fans to be able to identify, whether it be the ones that maybe could of had everything or they maybe blew their chance and they failed and didn't know how to get back up."
Thus far, the Grammy winner has complied with the terms of his plea deal, which included community labor, five years' formal probation and domestic violence counseling.
Brown adds, "My story or my life or my legacy can hopefully show them that once you're down, that don't just mean you're down forever. You never let up. A lot of the negatives that we always go through, we're gonna have to get through that. It sounds crazy, but that's what makes us who we are."
Brown's "This Is How I Made It" episode airs Saturday, Nov. 3, at 12 p.m. EST on MTV.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See some of the many revealing looks that Kim Kardashian has donned recently.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite