Chris Brown: I'm Trying to Become a Better Person
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage1 of 9
- Photo: KH1/WENN2 of 9
- Photo: Kabik/Retna Digital3 of 9
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: Kabik/Retna Digital5 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 9
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage7 of 9
- Photo: revolutionpix/WENN8 of 9
More Celeb News
- HBO Suspends Pre-Production of Brian De Palma's Penn State Molestation Film 'To DeMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 2:28:00 PM
- Dancing's Derek Hough: We Have Something "Potentially Dangerous" PlannedMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 2:28:00 PM
- Jim Carrey to Host 'Saturday Night Live' Early This Season (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 1:34:00 PM
- Rory Kennedy: 'We Haven't Learned the Lessons From Vietnam'MSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 1:31:00 PM
- Hey New York Times, Shonda Rhimes Isn't an "Angry Black Woman"MSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 1:18:00 PM
- HBO Suspends Pre-Production of Brian De Palma's Penn State Molestation Film 'To De
In MTV's "This Is How I Made It," the 23-year-old singer opens up about why he no longer feels the need to continually apologize for his past behavior. "Having to get personal opinion back and having to gain personal success back ... it's not all the way back, you know? But it's one of my most humbling experiences," Brown says. "I can't hate people for making judgment on me or making a decision of liking me or not liking me. All I can do is try to be better as a person, and I'm good with knowing everything isn't always going to be perfect."
The "Beautiful People" singer -- who has been dating both Rihanna, 24, and aspiring model Karrueche Tran, 23, on-and-off -- insists his true fans have always been loyal.
"The fan base that I have and the actual support is unreal to me. They've put me in a position to be able to help people and continue to do music and help my family, help my mom," explains Brown. "I just want my fans to be able to identify, whether it be the ones that maybe could of had everything or they maybe blew their chance and they failed and didn't know how to get back up."
Thus far, the Grammy winner has complied with the terms of his plea deal, which included community labor, five years' formal probation and domestic violence counseling.
Brown adds, "My story or my life or my legacy can hopefully show them that once you're down, that don't just mean you're down forever. You never let up. A lot of the negatives that we always go through, we're gonna have to get through that. It sounds crazy, but that's what makes us who we are."
Brown's "This Is How I Made It" episode airs Saturday, Nov. 3, at 12 p.m. EST on MTV.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Royal Beach Bods
Check out the hottest royals enjoying their beach vacations.Watch Video »
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGorgeous Gwen
From Crowd Ignite