Chris Brown: I'm Trying to Become a Better Person
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage1 of 9
- Photo: KH1/WENN2 of 9
- Photo: Kabik/Retna Digital3 of 9
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: Kabik/Retna Digital5 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 9
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage7 of 9
- Photo: revolutionpix/WENN8 of 9
More Celeb News
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 8:27 a.m. ESTMSNEntertainment 12/13/2013 3:53:18 AM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 8:27 a.m. EST
In MTV's "This Is How I Made It," the 23-year-old singer opens up about why he no longer feels the need to continually apologize for his past behavior. "Having to get personal opinion back and having to gain personal success back ... it's not all the way back, you know? But it's one of my most humbling experiences," Brown says. "I can't hate people for making judgment on me or making a decision of liking me or not liking me. All I can do is try to be better as a person, and I'm good with knowing everything isn't always going to be perfect."
The "Beautiful People" singer -- who has been dating both Rihanna, 24, and aspiring model Karrueche Tran, 23, on-and-off -- insists his true fans have always been loyal.
"The fan base that I have and the actual support is unreal to me. They've put me in a position to be able to help people and continue to do music and help my family, help my mom," explains Brown. "I just want my fans to be able to identify, whether it be the ones that maybe could of had everything or they maybe blew their chance and they failed and didn't know how to get back up."
Thus far, the Grammy winner has complied with the terms of his plea deal, which included community labor, five years' formal probation and domestic violence counseling.
Brown adds, "My story or my life or my legacy can hopefully show them that once you're down, that don't just mean you're down forever. You never let up. A lot of the negatives that we always go through, we're gonna have to get through that. It sounds crazy, but that's what makes us who we are."
Brown's "This Is How I Made It" episode airs Saturday, Nov. 3, at 12 p.m. EST on MTV.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
"Shah's of Sunset" star Asa Soltan talks about this season's drama, possible wedding bells with her boyfriend and more.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGlobe Noms
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite