Chris Farley Eating Contests and Christopher Hitchens Dinner Parties: The Fascinating Life of Olivia Wilde
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com1 of 18
- Photo: Eduardo Verdugo/Invision/AP2 of 18
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP3 of 18
- Photo: PN2/WENN4 of 18
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com5 of 18
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN6 of 18
- Photo: Veronica Summers/Splash News7 of 18
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP8 of 18
- Photo: Armando Gallo/Retna Ltd.9 of 18
- Photo: Sharky/Splash News10 of 18
- Photo: @olivawilde/Twitter11 of 18
- Photo: FOX/Promotional12 of 18
- Photo: Shepard Fairey/Promotional13 of 18
- Photo: Retna/WENN14 of 18
- Photo: Splash News15 of 18
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage16 of 18
- Photo: Olivia Wilde/Twitter17 of 18
More Celeb News
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years LateMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- 8 Crazy Things to Expect on Sleepy Hollow Season 2MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Emmy Winner and Singer Polly Bergen Dies at 84MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Kim Kardashian Among the Latest Targeted in Nude Photo LeakMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- U2 guitarist gets boost in bid for Malibu mansionsMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 2:26:14 PM
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years Late
This weekend, the New York Times will profile Olivia Wilde, gorgeous young actress on the rise. The article, now online, ticks off all the fundamentals as to why Wilde will be very famous very soon: She's talented, smart, outspoken, has the aforementioned beauty, and is in a bunch of Hollywood movies coming up (including "Cowboys and Aliens" and "The Change-Up"), one of which might just be her big-screen breakout. The thing is, though, that as the profile progresses, it's clear the most interesting thing about Olivia isn't what the future may hold, but what the past already has. People: Olivia Wilde, at 27, has lived her life.
RELATED ON VULTURE: Is Mila leading lady material?
She's already attended the best dinner parties:
The Cockburn home in Washington was a hotbed for intellectuals and celebrities. The writer Christopher Hitchens, a family friend, sometimes baby-sat. Ms. Wilde remembers listening in on a conversation at the dinner table between the diplomat Richard Holbrooke and Mick Jagger. "They finally noticed me and sent me to bed," she said with a laugh. "I wish I could remember what the discussion was about."
She's already engaged in the best eating contests:
Because she was such a fan of slapstick humor — Ms. Wilde lists the “Police Academy” movies as childhood favorites — her parents took her to a taping of “Saturday Night Live” when she was 10, and they attended the after-party. Chris Farley noticed her and challenged her to a brownie-eating contest. “He won, but I gave him a run for his money,” Ms. Wilde said.
RELATED ON VULTURE: What's to be expected for the new season of 'Community'?
She already has the best drug stories:
When Ms. Wilde was 19 she was engaged to Tao Ruspoli, a filmmaker and son of an Italian prince (for real), at the anything-goes Burning Man festival in Nevada. A few weeks later she married him on an old school bus, where he was living. She filed for divorce in March.
And she's already basically a screenwriter:
In “The Change-Up,” which stars Jason Bateman and Ryan Reynolds as opposites who swap bodies “Freaky Friday” style, Ms. Wilde, who plays a vixen legal assistant, spoke up with an idea about adding a scene where her character gets a tattoo in, um, an extremely delicate spot. It’s in the finished movie (although her parents may want to close their eyes during it).
Okay, great work, Olivia Wilde. You can stop trying now, if you feel like it.
RELATED ON VULTURE: Find out what's in store for the last season of 'Entourage'
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJLaw at iHeart
From Crowd Ignite